Attraction- Gandalf, etc.

Start from the beginning

You giggled watching him hide his face. He was too sweet. Gandalf placed the rabbit back into Radagast's arms. They shared a dry look.

"Well, as Mithrandir has just told me," you prompted, "the best experiences come unexpectedly. You are most welcome in Lórien."

"I assume that includes me, as well?" came a deep voice, not far away. Saruman approached. Both Gandalf and Radagast stiffened.

By now, you were shocked. While the wizards were your friends, you did not expect any of them to come see you. You smoothed down your skirts and raised an eyebrow at them all.

"What is going on here?"

"Well, my Lady," began Gandalf.

Radagast stuttered and slurred his words. "I wanted to see you."

"I was hoping to speak with you in private," Saruman said as he stared down the other two. Radagast squeaked but Gandalf held his ground. You whirled around, trying to face all of them at once. They were all around you.

The dusk faded so suddenly you almost did not process the silver moonlight surrounding you. The elves quieted their singing, only for a moment. The wizards did not notice.

Their voices rose above the silence-- a glance from Gandalf to Saruman stirred a storm of harsh and horsed insults. Radagast attempted to separate the two but ended up cowering between them. Each word they muttered was like thunder, full speed and shattering.

"Stop," you said, sternly. You put your hands on your hips, feeling like a mother scolding her children. "Stop!"

At this rate, blood was bound to be spilled, feelings hurt.

"I am the highest of this order!" Saruman bellowed. "You are only embarrassing yourself."

"You were the one without courage," Gandalf snapped. "You could not even admit how you felt at our meeting! I told you I would be here!"

Something was not being pieced together, here. You shook your head. 

You asked, "Can somebody tell me what is going on here? The only people you are embarrassing are yourselves. And me. I cannot permit this in my Realm. Stop yelling at each other!"

Both Gandalf and Saruman stopped, breathing heavily and side-eyeing each other. Radagast looked up from his spot on the ground. He blushed and gestured nervously with his hands.

"Well, we had a meeting the other day... and it seems we did not understand the conclusion."

"And?"

"Uh, we, uh-- well..."

Saruman growled, "Not another word, Radagast."

"You were the one in denial about your feelings for Y/n!" Radagast quipped. He gasped and covered his mouth. As if there weren't one already, a dark cloud formed over your heads. "I best be off-"

He scrambled to his feet and attempted to flee the walkway. Saruman's hand shot up from his side, clenching at Radagast's retreating figure. They did not come into contact yet Radagast froze. His feet slid across the smooth wooden walkway as Saruman willed him to come back. 

Gandalf spoke up in protest, "Let him go, Curunír."

If he was not angered before, Saruman was now. You could see it churning through him like the ocean; the pressure of his resentment building up. His face was red.

"How dare you!" he shouted. He raised his staff and Gandalf fell backward. Radagast collapsed to the ground.

"Mithrandir!" you cried helplessly. 

Gandalf sprung back to his feet quickly. The age that was beginning to appear not stalling him a moment. He wielded his gnarled staff and Saruman's feet fell from beneath him. The White Wizard hit the ground roughly-- the thud echoed through the forest.

Radagast panicked. With his own staff, he tried to separate the two but hit Gandalf's nose instead. Blood streamed over the Grey Wizards lips and chin. Droplet fell to the ground. The three formed a triangle. You were afraid if you crossed into it, the tension would hit you like a lightning bolt.

So, they all had feelings for you, you realized. Deep down, you knew about Radagast and had a suspicion about Gandalf. Learning about Saruman was news to you. Seeing them all together, though, was overwhelming.

"For the love of the Valar!" you shouted. "Stop! Have any of you thought of how I felt? How I feel? You are fighting over me like wolves over a piece of meat. I am a queen! I am capable of making my own decisions! But you have brought me shame tonight. For that, you will be escorted from my Realm. Do not return until I have invited you to do so."

"Y/n-" Saruman began.

"Don't speak to me. Not until you have solved your differences. I cannot have the Order of Wizards quarreling over something as trivial as this."

Radagast sniffled. "Please-"

"Guards!" They were already nearby, having heard the racket the wizards were making. "I want these men out of my sight."

Respectfully, the wizards dipped their heads and prepared to comply. Before they had a chance to leave, you were approached by another: Mairon.

"Are you alright, melleth?" he asked, lovingly. You smiled at him but shook your head. Mairon stepped to your side, dark eyes gleaming. The wizards gawked for they knew melleth meant 'my love.' Yet, they could not utter a word against the lieutenant.

Mairon gave your hand a squeeze before you faced the others.

"You should have come to me, peacefully," you said. "I am sorry it had to come to this." Then gestured to the guards to lead them away.

-.-

They each had their different ways to move on. Radagast settled in Greenwood and Saruman in Isengard. Gandalf stayed close with you and your sister. He was there to see Mairon drag you down with him as he descended to chaos-- corrupted by Melkor. He made a name for himself through destruction: Sauron the Dark Lord.