Wings- Fili

Requested by: Bel_Greenleaf

This is an update that requests are closed. I have so many to do and I will be leaving for France later today... But while I'm gone I will not be updating, so, keep in mind that the next chapter published will most likely be in two weeks.

You were headed towards the kingdom of Erebor for the celebration for the anniversary of the day it was reclaimed. As Thranduil's army assisted in the battle for the mountain, Mirkwood elves were invited to join.

You were Thranduil's daughter, yet not many knew about you. Your father preferred to keep you a secret because you looked nothing like an elf. You were special, and rare. Your pure white hair fell straight to your waist, the color matching your wings that you had folded neatly against your back. There weren't any records of winged beings in Middle Earth other than birds and dragons, which made you valuable and targeted. To add to your uniqueness your eyes were the bright red color of a ruby and you were the height of a tall dwarf.

Thranduil wanted to keep you safe, so, for most of your life you stayed in the Woodland Realm, envying your older brother, Legolas. He got to go on so many adventures, he had so many tales to tell.

This was the first time you were allowed out of the country, your world just got a whole lot bigger and you struggled to take it all in. As the Lonely Mountain approached, you felt more self conscious. Erebor rose on the horizon, sheer rock striking down from snowy peak. An hour ago, you thought it had been close, but it was still a couple leagues away. Now you wished you hadn't begged Thranduil to let you go.

"Chin up," your father spoke up. "Don't let others see your weaknesses." You straightened yourself but pressed your wings closer to your back, hoping your hair would cover their feathers. "Y/n-" You turned to see Thranduil staring at you.

"Yes, Ada?"

"Don't be ashamed of who you are. You are fully grown and beautiful, I know I've keep you secret for most your life, but I brought you out here because I know you can defend yourself."

You nodded and relaxed a little. 

You passed through Dale and men turned and gawked at you. As much as you wanted to hide, you remembered your father's words, don't let them see your weaknesses. You turned your head, trying your hardest to show no emotions, and stared straight at Erebor.

"Y/n, one last thing. There will be men wanting to dance with you, don't be afraid to turn them down." You gulped and nodded. You were feeling nervous, you never talked to strangers from different lands. You barely knew how to dance! How could you not be afraid?

Once you got to the mountain, dwarves rushed forward to help your people off horses and guide them to the party. Once you got of your faithful steed, your f/c dress dropped down past your ankles.

You looked stunning.

"Y/n? Are you ready?"

"Yes, Ada," you stuttered and walked to his side. You walked through the chain of long narrow tunnels which linked the great lunar vaults until you reached a cave-like opening. But, it didn't look like a cave at all. Hallways were suspended over mining pits so deep you couldn't see the bottom. You were surprised that dwarves didn't have railings, being less graceful and wearing bulky armor... These hallways were significantly different than the ones in the Woodland Realm.

Finally, you reached a set of doors which opened as you approached to reveal a massive chamber with golden floors. Some dwarves looked up to see the newcomers and the room went silent as you walked in. Hushed murmurs started after a while and you blushed and looked down at the floors.