Running from the past- Nori

Requested by: lunawolf8074

Nori's POV:

Steal, and don't get stolen from. Don't get distracted.

If anybody could love me, and if I love anybody, get away. Don't endanger them.

Dwarves have their One. You can only fall in love once, after that... That's how the One got their name. A One is a soul mate, you seem to know who it is as soon as you meet them.

FLASHBACK

I had a job. I had to steal an artifact hidden at the market place in Dale, that had been rebuilt since Erebor had been reclaimed. I had stolen it, of course, but it was the get away that was hard.

Dwalin was chasing after me. No matter what we've been through with the Company and all, we had our jobs. I managed to duck into an alley and start to make my escape, then I bumped into someone, causing her to fall to the ground.

Normally I wouldn't care.

But when I looked at her, my heart skipped a beat. She looked up and muttered a protest. Durin's Beard she was beautiful.

"I- I'm so sorry, my lady." I stuttered, awkwardly stretching out my hand to help her up. "My name is Nori, at yer service."

"Y/n," she sighed, taking my hand. "At yours."  I noticed that her cheeks started turning pink.

"Is there anything I could do to make this up?" I felt myself desperate to help this one fair dwarf. I felt a blush creep up my face.

"No- no," she giggled. "I'm fine, thank you." Y/n started dusting herself off.

"You sure? I feel terrible." I silently cursed at myself for rambling.

"No, really, it's fine." She smiled at me, and the world seemed to light up. "I hope we can see each other again sometime."

I smiled back.

"Me too."

FLASHBACK OVER

Y/n and I continued to hang out, continued to get closer. I knew she was my One. But she didn't know about my past. All the things I've stolen... I've tried to keep it away from her. Y/n would be in danger if I told her. There was reasons I didn't take on dates in public areas, if anyone saw her with me...

I had a bounty on my head. I didn't want one on hers too.

So I ran.

I left her.

For days I traveled. Just trying to get anywhere away from Erebor, but I found myself at the entrance to Mirkwood. I looked back at the Lonely Mountain standing so prideful in the distance. My heart lurched and I thought of y/n.

Her glittering smiles that kept me going each day. Her kindness that made me want to quit being a theft. And her beauty that filled me with more warmth that the sun.

I couldn't live without her. She pushed me to make better decisions. I looked back to Mirkwood then turned my back on it.

Y/n was my light in a path of darkness, and I wasn't going to live without her.

I am going to be better. I won't endanger her.

I love her.

She is my One.