Sacrifice- Lindir

You stood cornered in a column of tree as sneering orcs advanced against you.

"We will make this quick, Princess," one of them growled, its foul teeth gnashing together. You whimpered as your faithful sword was knocked out of your hands. It clanked across the clearing, rendering the blade useless to you now. 

Your eyes scanned the clearing, looking for an escape. Climb the trees? No, the branches were too high, even if you jumped. Try and run for it? The gap between the enemies closed. Your heart pounded fearfully against your chest. The ugly orc who spoke to you started to close the gap between your bodies. He pulled out a blood-stained twisted knife, the sun still seemed to glint even through the marks of the knife's fallen victims. The orc raised the red weapon and prepared to strike, ready as a snake.

"No!" Lindir, your boyfriend of many years, fell from the trees. He thrusting a beautiful elven sword your way, which you gladly took. But then he gasped before you had a chance to say anything, the orc's knife was now twisted through his ribs, fresh blood giving it a new coat. The orcs behind him snarled and screeched with pleasure. You screamed with rage, jumping out from behind Lindir, beheading the orc who stabbed him. Fire seemed to flow through your veins as you battled orc after orc, the image of Lindir's shock fueling the flame.

"You nasty-" chop, "filthy-" slice, "maggots!" You screeched. Soon the forest was littered with fallen bodies of orcs and the grass was splattered in black blood, the stench of it made you scrunch up your nose. Behind you Lindir coughed, his arms desperately trying to stop the blood flow. "Lindir!" you cried. grabbing a handful of herbs from your bag.

"Hello," he whispered.

"Oh, Lindir." You sobbed. "You didn't have to sacrifice yourself for me!" He gave a half smile, though his face was noticeably paling.

"You were always worth it, y/n," he rasped. Salty tears streamed down your cheeks, silently falling into the grass. You put the herbs onto his wound, trying to stop the blood flow, but nothing worked. The wound was clean through and must've injured his lungs, you didn't know how he was still alive. 

You screamed out with frustration. Lindir only reached up and tucked a stand of hair behind your ear. You turned away from him, too distraught to see the color leave his face and see his bright eyes dim. You sniffed, this was all your fault! 

"Its not your fault, y/n." He coughed, his voice barely audible, as if he could read your thoughts. You turned and forced yourself to look down into his eyes.

"I'm sorry Lindir, but you shouldn't have sacrificed yourself for me." Another stream of tears dripped down your chin. "You have your life in Rivendell-"

"But, to me, your life is more valuable, y/n daughter of Aragorn." He reached up and touched your slightly pointed ears, part of the gene you got from your mother, Arwen.

"I love you." You forced a smile, but you knew your eyes betrayed you.

"Y/n, I-" But then his eyes dulled, and he faded forever. You screamed out to the sky, and clutched Lindir's shoulders, gently resting your head onto his chest and sobbed.

You stayed with him. You stayed until all warmth left his body. You stayed until the cold night fell and drowned you in darkness. You stayed until guards who came searching for you pulled you away from Lindir.

"The city has fallen silent. There is no warmth left in the sun." -Eowyn.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Sorry (not sorry) for the Rose Tyler, I- reference. Heh heh, only some of you would understand.