Chapter 8

The blurred image of soft textured wall had Mia blinking.She was well aware of where they belonged,pretty to the eyes unlike her old chapped ones.She sunked in the comforter and sighed.Fifteen minutes later,her alarm blared again sending her off the bed and to her daily morning routine before rushing to work.Daniel had been truthful about his business and Mia was already working with him.Well,she was still under him but above most of the staff.She was offered Savvanah's position with the pay and everything including without getting anything deducted from her 'real job' and that was great.

Her clothes were ironed and readied like always.She quickly got into the routine shower and all the morning chores and was already heading out towards her car.

*change of pov*

When I reached the office floor,Ian informed me that daniel wanted to see me when i arrive,so i rode up to his office,knocked and walked in to see him reading newspaper.

"Morning dad.You wanted to see me?"I ask taking the seat as he looked at me.We had fallen into this nature for sometime now-acting as a real family.It's like im a natural actor and i didnt expect that.I was acting on every thing like i had been a part of this life form the start.

'Yep."He rubs his face and faces me again."Zachary has returned."

Zachary was Savannah's boyfriend and after hearing Daniel,I didnt really knew what i should be thinking right now.Slowly my senses kicked in and I almost began to freak out.

"But wasnt he suppossed to return a month later?"Daniel nodded to my question.He looked...tired?

"That was what i had been told.But today his secretary called mine and asked to schedule a meeting."

"What for?"He gave me a look at my question.

"Business."

I fall deeper in my seat."And what will we be doing now?"

"Certainly,nothing except meeting him."

Just when i thought this wont be bad...

"Do I...I have to meet him I suppose?"

"Yes.But why havent he contacted you yet?"He asked curiously.

"How would i know."

"Right.Let me know if theres something else."I walked out Immediately.

I really,badly need mom or mila.Pulling out my mobile i called Mila.I instantly felt better just by hearing her voice.We spoke for some time and then she had to run back to her class.My mind was in mum though.She's doing fine.No major changes than before,Mia said she's going to meet her on the weekend.

It was evening that wasnt something I expected would be.

It was about seven when mom and I were getting dressed up in her room for our dinner date together.You know spending time each other and catching up on each others' life,more on mine actually.Like my boyfriends,parties and all the happening stuff just like the old days,she said.

We talked about any thing and every thing mostly it was mom who was filling me on what all i have missed while my stay Iutside the country and i realized i enjoyed her company. It was us digging the food when she asked me about zachary.That wasnt something new,she has asked about him some times and asked me about our plans together and I always made up answers what i thought she wanted to hear and seemed contented with them.

In all honesty,this,zachary's part of the deal made me most anxious.Just the thought of it throws my mind in a whirl.So far i had been doing good work of this deal but I really wasnt so sure if i could be this strong in the relationship with zac-thats what Savannah and all the family and friends called him.Of course this is something i should be working on most.After all,i have no idea how intimate he and Savannah emotionally and physically were.

My brain began throwing questions like a cyclone.How should i react when i meet him?Should i be all lovey dovey,kissing or just a hug will do?What should i talk about when we're alone and above all,do i have to go to bed with him?And if thats going to happen,I'll have to walk out on this deal.Daniel had told me nothing about sleeping with zac,all he said was zac had been busy working on a new project in ireland and he'd be gone for few months,surely a few visits back to America but i would have none to less interaction with him.Except on phone calls.Which was still less believable to me.

But today at Daniel's office,his expressions spoke clearly that zac's this visit will be a trouble and that has been freaking me all day even tho i masked it and indulged myself in work,trying to give no thought to zachary.But liza had to mention him now.why?I cried internally.And like always i answered what she wanted to hear.

'We both still got stuff on our hands mom.We are planning for the next mid-year."Mom was delighted to hear that.

We were on our way back when mom made me stop the car.

"Come out of the car Savannah."She began opening the door.

"What? Why mom?" I tried holding her back.

"I swear I've seen Zachary in that car behind.."

"Ohhh..."

"With another woman!"She shrieked.

"What?"

"Yes.Now come out of the damn car!"She banged the car door and was already heading out.I followed her.

Contradictory to her reaction in the car,mom was now side hugging Zachary with a smile on her face.

"Hey Zac." I called out walking towards him.

"Oh hey babe.Sup?we hugged and he kissed my cheek and in all honesty,i felt something weird in my stomach.

"So who's this woman with you zachary?" Mom butted.

"She's a frien-"

"And?"

"We are going to a par-"

"Of course she's dressed like that."Mom was looking at the brunette in the car with distaste who was talking on her mobile.

Then there was light flashing in our direction.We turned to see another car stop behind Zachary's and the driver came out.

"Sir."He handed the keys.

"Thanks.Get this one repaired at Mark's.Zachary motioned towards the car he was standing and at that moment I realized his car had issues and probably stopped in the middle.Apparently,mom did too.

"If you ladies dont mind,I gotta go.It important and we are already late."Zachary said.

Before mom could blow some fire,I jumped in."Sure."

He smiled at me a real smile."Thank you Savvy.Will call you later when im done tonight."And he kissed me on lips.Something i didn't expect,shocking me.

He walked away and the other woman followed him to the car.And when they left,Mom's head turned towards me.

Oh oh,she's going to roast me alive.

Quick question 8:How's your day? :)