Allure (Part 2) - JJ 👑

The three friends looked at Veronica in shock. Jughead should've guessed sooner; the piercing eyes, the pouty lips and the slight tan in her skin — this girl was a Lodge. Her clothing choices made everyone double take, she dressed nothing like Veronica. The only thing that makes it obvious that their sisters is their shared last name, besides that Jughead wouldn't have guessed it in a million years. Betty manages to sputter out a reply, unsure of what to say.

"V, you told us y-you had a sister, but I wasn't expecting-"

"A twin? Yeah, Veronica doesn't talk about me much clearly," Y/N glared at her sister with a knowing look. "Mum thought I'd be happiest if I stayed at my boarding school in New York, but I missed my sister and I wanted to meet her new friends that she's told me so much about!" The girl tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and a slight flush gathered on her cheeks.

"Well, I can introduce you if you want." Veronica suggested and the girl chuckles.

"I'm Y/N Lodge, but I'm guessing you already knew that." The girl smiles. "Let me guess," She scans over the group and her eyes land on Betty first. "Betty Cooper, Nancy Drew copycat and the perfect girl next door." The girl soon apologises. "But judging by the look on your face, you don't really like that stereotype. Sorry." The blonde girl smiles, warming up to her sister's best friend. Y/N turns to Archie, who smiles cheekily. "You must be Archie Andrews, football star and music extraordinaire. Veronica's told me a lot about you, Justin Gingerlake." The redhead chuckles and Veronica slaps her sister on the shoulder, pouting gently.

"Oh hush, Y/N." The girl giggles and turns to Jughead. As their eyes meet, the two feel as if the whole world stops. The girl gasps softly, her cheeks heating up and her confident persona falling away under the boy's sharp and piercing eyes. She feels like she's floating as they gaze into each other's eyes. The three other teenagers smirk knowingly and Veronica coughs, interrupting the two. Y/N shakes her head, snapping herself form her trance before speaking.

"And you must be the infamous Jughead Jones, detective and writer. You're a wallflower, so it's easier to sit back and analyse people. You consider yourself outsider when we both know that it isn't as true as you think." The midnight-haired boy raises an eyebrow at the girl, smirking playfully. It made Y/N's heart almost explode. Damn, the boys back in New York were definitely not this astounding.

"You were deducing me?" The three watch in awe as the two rebuttal each other. Clearly Jughead had met his match and never in a million years did any of them think it would be a Lodge.

"Just like you were deducing me, Sherlock." The boy chuckles, shaking his head. "Come on then, what's your observations?" Jughead stares at the girl, the tension between them almost exploding.

"Well at first I thought you were Veronica's close family friend or cousin, but I clearly got that one wrong. You dress differently to your sister because your personality is a lot more laid back," Veronica scoffs.

"None taken, Jughead." The boy ignores her and continues his deduction.

"but underneath, you are just as confident. You will do anything to get what you want, but you always put your family and friends first, which can at times be your downfall. At your fancy boarding school, you felt your friends were fake and only cared about your family's wealth, so you saw your mother and Veronica moving as the perfect opportunity to leave that godforsaken school and start a new life, where people don't just want to be your friend for your money." The girl gaped slightly, shocked by how well the boy had studied her as the service bell on the counter rung.

"Your order is ready, Miss Y/N." The girl turns on her heel, smiling gratefully at the man before reaching into her pocket to pay. She pulls out a small wad of cash and nods her head as she hands it to Pop.

"Keep the change, Pop. It was so nice to meet you." The older man smiled thankfully, tipping his hat to her before going back into the kitchen. Y/N turns back to the group and leans down, pressing a small peck to Jughead's cheek. She lingers for a bit before pulling away, satisfied at the boy's flustered reaction. "You know me too well. I'll be seeing you around for sure, Forsythe." Jughead looks at her with curiosity, unsure of how she knew his real name since not even Betty or Veronica really knew. Jughead manages to form words and whispers back, just loud enough for her to hear.

"You're an enigma, Lodge. Quite alluring at that."