Seventeen (Part 3) - C.S

Y/N'S POV

"Fine. We're damaged, really damaged. But that does not make us wise. We're not special we're not different. We don't choose who lives or dies." You sing, your eyes closed, attempting to get into Betty's feelings as your character had just been emotionally destroyed in the scene previous to this song. "Let's be normal," Your eyes open and glance at Cole hopefully. "See bad movies, sneak a beer and watch TV. We'll bake brownies or go bowling. Don't you want a life with me?" Cole smiles at you encouragingly as you continue. God, how he loves your voice. "Can't we be seventeen? That's all I want to do. If you could let me in, I could be good with you."

"People hurt us," Cole's voice shocks you a bit. After refusing to do the first musical episode, you would've thought that he would've been a lot more inexperienced, but his voice was very soothing and embraced you with its tone. Cole is nervous when he sings his first lyric, but when he sees you enjoying his singing, he finds more confidence.

"Or they vanish."

"And you're right, that really blows." You feel chills fill your whole body as you listen contently.

"But we let go."

"Take a deep breath."

"And go buy some summer clothes." Cole grabs you and pulls you to join him on his microphone. You look at him with wide eyes, but grab his hand, smiling.

"We'll go camping." Mitch turned off your original microphone and adjusted Cole's microphone's pickup so the two of you would sound clearer. He gave you a thumbs up to continue as if you hadn't stopped.

"Play some poker."

"And we'll eat some chilli fires." Cole winks and you manage not to laugh, continuing onto the next line.

"Maybe prom night, maybe dancing."

"DON'T STOP LOOKING IN MY EYES!" Vanessa sings with you, harmonising before Madelaine and Cole join in.

"YOUR EYES!" Cole gazes deep into your eyes and you can't seem to tear your stare away from his. Your stomach was doing a million different things at once as the two of you sang together. Cole tried to figure out what he's feeling as he sings with you. He feels like he's flying and falling at the same time — fear, excitement, power.

"CAN'T WE BE SEVENTEEN? IS THAT SO HARD TO DO?" You feel yourself become lost in the song as you stand opposite Cole, singing into the microphone. The sound of your voices blending together made your body tingle. Cole places a hand on your cheek, caressing it softly as the song continued.

"IF YOU COULD LET ME IN, I COULD BE GOOD WITH YOU!" The two girls in the other booth sang together and it made your heart happy.

"LET US BE SEVENTEEN! IF WE STILL GOT THE RIGHT!" You and Cole belt the lyrics out together and it makes your heart sore. In all of your years in acting, never have you felt this close and intimate with someone.

"So what's it gonna be. I wanna be with you." Vanessa sang. You knew she and Madelaine would both be very emotional after this.

"I wanna be with you," Cole sings softly, unable to stray his gaze away from you. You are captivating, especially when singing.