Be Yourself - CB 🍒

BTW Chantelle is a random character I added so I didn't have to make anyone the bad guy. Sorry if your name is Chantelle, feel free to change it to something else.

TRIGGER WARNING: Homophobic slurs and insults

Y/N - Your name
Y/L/N - Your last name
Y/N/N - Your nickname

In which you are outed at school

Y/N's POV

You've always been different. While other girls were getting their first boyfriend, you were trying to depend on yourself. Your mum always worried that you'd be bullied or never experience life like other girls your age, but you are happy. You'd been exploring your sexuality for years. Sure, you had a crush or two on boys when you were younger, but your strongest feelings are towards your best friend and current crush, Cheryl. You two are the queens of the school. She's overall sassy and really dominant in personality while you're quiet and reserved yet kind. Cheryl has always stuck up for you and even though everyone else saw a stone-cold bitch, she's really nice and loving towards you. You have been contemplating coming out for around nine months now, but you knew that it wouldn't be a safe environment. You're always around the dumb jocks and the rest of the cheer squad, you're meant to live up to the stereotype of dating a jock. Then again, you've never lived up to what everyone thought.

Morning Y/N/N, I'm coming to pick you up in fifteen xx

You sigh, continuing to brush your hair. You feel anxiety bubble in your chest.

"Mum!" You yell, placing your hairbrush down and running downstairs.

"Yes, hun?" Your mother smiles at you, looking up from her book

"I need to tell you something." You sit down, motioning for your parent to sit across from you. Her smile drops at the look of seriousness on your face as she gets up and moves closer to you. You clear your throat, your heart pounding and your palms sweating. You grab her hands. "I'm gay." You watch your mother smile in relief and joy.

"Thank god, I thought you were going to say you're pregnant."

"Mum!" Your mum straightens up again, standing up and pulling you into a tight hug.

"Sorry, sweetie. I'm really proud of you for coming out to me. I'll always love you, no matter what." You hear a horn beeping. You sigh, looking at your mother.

"That'll be Cheryl, bye Mum." You quickly rush out and grab your bag. You kiss her cheek as you run out the door. The familiar redhead glances at you over the top of her gold sunglasses.

"What took you so long, hun? We're gonna be late for school." You jump into the seat beside her, throwing your bag in the back of the nice car.

"Sorry, Cher. I had to quickly do something for mum." And the two of you head off towards the school.

CHANTELLE'S POV

"I'm gay," I smirk as the words leave her mouth, my phone in hand directed towards the window. I knew there had to be something wrong with that stupid bitch. She's probably in love with the queen bee if she's a lesbo. I watch the adorable mother-daughter moment being interrupted when Cheryl beeps her horn.

The freak is a dyke. Who would've guessed? Watch out boys, this horrible trash may attempt to grope your girl @yourusername.

A simple caption and tap. It was all over Instagram and Twitter as well as SnapChat to my lovely Riverdale friends plus three thousand other random people. The queen bee and her beloved friend are so going down.

Y/N'S POV

"California girls, they're undeniable!" You and Cheryl scream at the top of lungs, giggling as the two of you continue towards Riverdale High. Your phone dings a few times.

'@chantellehicks mentioned you in a tweet'
'@chantelle.hicks mentioned you on a video she posted'. You roll your eyes.

"What is it, hun?" Cheryl asks, not taking her eyes off of the road. Even with her eyes on the road, your best friend could sense you were uneasy.

"Just Chantelle probably posting another complaint about how the River Vixens are focused on us." You shove your phone back in your bag. "She probably has nothing better to do with her life."

"Y/N, I know she's got nothing better to do with her sad life." You can't help but chuckle at Cheryl's bluntness. You continue to chat for another ten minutes before you arrive at Riverdale High. You and Cheryl waltz up to the school doors and as soon as you open the doors, the halls are filled with whispers.

"Skank." You hear a group of girls murmur, your eyebrows furrowing.

"Just ignore them. They're just jealous." Cheryl shoots them an icy glare. You try to shrink down to avoid any more insults as the two of you continue the long and unbearable walk down the halls. Chuck strides towards you, a smirk glued to his face. You knew it couldn't be good.

"Well well well, didn't expect to see you walking around like you own the place since your secret got leaked." You frown in confusion, frustration making your head pound.

"What the hell are you even talking about?!" Chuck continues to play it cool.

"Haven't you guessed yet? All the hushed whispers and glares. Someone needs to check their phone more often, Y/L/N." You unzip your bag, keeping your harsh glare on Chuck. You unlock your phone and check Instagram. You feel your heart stop as you freeze, a video of you and your mother opens, being filmed through the window from this morning.

'This freak is a dyke. Who would've guessed? Watch out boys, this horrible trash may attempt to grope your girlfriend @yourusername'. Your eyes fill with tears as you realise it's too late, you were outed.

"Y/N/N, what's wrong, boo?" Cheryl asks, voice full with concern as you shake anxiously.

"She's a slutty dyke and that's all she'll ever be. Maybe you shouldn't have fallen in love with Queen Bee." You took off running as you sob. It feels like you're running in slow-mo as you burst out onto the football field. You want to scream as you sit behind the bleachers, rubbing your eyes as you your chest heaves. You were deemed nothing because of who you loved. You feel horrible. You peg your satchel at the ground in anger and pull your legs to your chest, sitting down and attempting to wipe your tears. The bell soon rings, signalling for class, but you knew you couldn't walk through those halls again and into that classroom, where you would have to face Cheryl, your best friend and crush as she released your secret

Word count including synopsis: 1141 words