Seventeen (Part 4) - C.S

BOTH POVs

You walk onto set the next morning, unsure of how to feel or what to do. You knew your main scene with Cole was today and it made you almost sick to the stomach having to think about facing him after yesterday's fiasco. You know that your eyes are red, which is perfect for today's scene. Ashley and KJ spot you and rush over, dodging stage crew and lights. You sigh, grabbing the bridge of your nose with a sigh.

"Before you two say anything, I don't want to talk about what happened yesterday. I know you two weren't there, but obviously it would've spread around set by now, so can you please just not. I'm really not in the mood this morning." Seeing the bags under your eyes and the redness from crying, the two nod understandingly and pull you into a hug. Unable to hold it in, you begin to shudder and a small sob leaves your mouth. KJ pulls you into his chest, hugging you tightly and resting his chin on top of your head while Ashley hugs you from behind, resting her cheek on your back and drawing patterns on your shoulders with her fingers.

"Let it out." You allow yourself to cry for a few moments before you pull away, calming yourself down and wiping your tears away. Noticing the wet patch on KJ's shirt, you sniffle hopelessly.

"I'm sorry." KJ shakes his head.

"It's fine, N/N." He ruffles your hair before heading off somewhere. Ashley takes her in your arms and sits down with you before being joined by Mädchen. Unbeknownst to you, KJ soon turns a corner and meets Cole, who's sitting on the steps of one of the trailers. He looks up at his friend, the bags under his eyes just as big as yours and a lost look stuck on his face.

"How is she?" Cole asks as Vanessa, Cami and Madelaine run over when they see you crying. The three girls embrace you. KJ smiles understandingly at his friend.

"She could be going better." The raven-haired man runs a hand through his hair. What did he do? You didn't deserve to feel like this. You deserve all the love in the world — maybe that's why he's so scared to admit that he loves you back.

"God, I messed up." KJ chuckles.

"Yeah, you did." Cole glares at his friend and KJ pats his shoulder empathetically. "But you're going to fix this."

______________

After calming down and heading to make up, you now get changed for the first scene of the day; Candy Store.

"You ready, my girl?" You smile at Madelaine and grab her hand, that she had offered to help you onto the stage. You hop up and see everyone gathering to sit and watch from the sidelines. Your breath caught in your throat when you spot Cole, who seemed to be staring directly at you. You look away, your heart in your throat as you grab your mallet and prepare to perform.

"You've got this, Y/N. Ignore him for now and focus on channeling your inner Heather Duke." Cami whispers to you as you walk to your starting position.

"Everyone get in positions! Girls, make sure you sing as passionately as you can, it'll make editing the music over the top of the footage look much more realistic." You were instructed as all of the extras got into position. Casey and Bernadette both have you an encouraging thumbs up and you flash them a quick smile before focusing on your character. "And action!" The cameras begin rolling as Casey starts off the scene.

"So this number is about the Heathers' undeniable power. Any of you can get anything you want at anytime, so really unleash that force." Vanessa gets up and begins walking towards you.