Seventeen (Part 5) - C.S

BOTH POVs

You sit in your trailer in silence, staring into the mirror as you try not to smudge your make up while wiping away your tears. You knew you'd have to go and film with everyone else, you had no excuse. You run a hand through your ponytail, emotionally drained as you sigh. This was meant to be the best filming day of the season, but your heartbreak keeps holding you back.

"Y/N, it's Skeet. Can I come in?" You close your eyes, breathing in deeply before putting on your best fake smile.

"Come in." Skeet comes in and closes the door of the trailer, smiling at you empathetically as you smile back.

"You don't have to pretend to be okay, kid. I know you're hurting." You release your fake smile and begin pacing around the room as the older actor takes a seat.

"We have our major scene together in less than an hour and I don't know what to do!" You want to yell in frustration at this point. "I can't act normal with him there. I don't want to have to face him, why can't I just disappear from the Earth?" Skeet chuckles, grabbing you by the shoulders before sitting you down and talking with you.

"You're going to have to face him sooner or later — you are two main characters in a TV show, who just so happen to be love interests." You groan in annoyance.

"I know, that's what makes it so much harder." You look at Skeet, a distraught look on your face. "Those scenes we have together as Betty and Jughead, I don't have to act for that. Just being around him makes me so unbelievable happy and when he holds me, it's like we're the only people in the whole world. I don't want things to be awkward, I just wish he loved me back." You stop yourself for a moment, realising what you said as Skeet cracks a huge grin. Unbeknownst to both of you, Cole and KJ are standing outside your door. KJ looks at Cole with a smirk as Cole smiles gratefully.

"You admitted it, you love him." You smile sadly.

"Quite sad, really. An unrequited love." Skeet pats you on the shoulder.

"Channel this sadness and pain and anger into this next scene. I promise you, things are going to work out a lot better than you think."

________________

A quick costume change and hair fix and you're whisked away to the set of Jughead's trailer, where you've just found the drug lab. You prepare yourself mentally, pacing around and biting your fingernails anxiously. Cole watches you out of the corner of his eye, not wanting to freak you out too much before the scene.

"Aren't you going to talk to her? The girl looks like she's about to explode!" Madelaine asks urgently and Cole shakes his head, a plan in his head.

"Don't worry, you'll see what I have planned after this scene." Madelaine accepts the response, knowing that if Cole had a plan, everything would fall into place. Everyone gets in position for this scene and you allow yourself to sniffle. You stand beside Cole and follow as Skeet says, channeling all of your emotions into this one scene.

"This scene is a very emotional and intense scene for Betty and Jughead and we need to be able to feel it. Sing your heart out and give it your all. I know you both will." Cameras begin rolling and you begin the scene.

_________

"Tonsils called it in." The two of you glance around at the drug trailer set up. You can feel your heartbreak at the tone in Cole's voice. The man beside you just wants to turn to you and hug you tightly, but he had to remain serious for the scene. All of these pent up emotions are finally bubbling to the surface.