~12~

I was in my room with Jack, waiting for Slender to tell me it's time to train.

I'd been anxious since he told me all that.

Slender had told me that it's best to wait before informing the others of his... discovery.

I was beyond thrilled, I finally had a parent.

The one thing that had been void from my life was now there.

The small hole in my heart that being an orphan had left, was now repaired.

I felt... somehow complete.

Being in the foster care system was torture.

Never knowing when you'd have to get up and move, always praying that the new people looking after you would be nice.

Always hoping that someone, somewhere, knew about you, and was coming to help you.

To save you.

And they never did.

I was abandoned, and I was stuck in an endless loop of depression and fear, and anxiety, all until I could get on my own two feet, and stand for myself.

As an adult.

Since I was in foster care, I was always mature for my age.

When I turned 18, I had the mind of a 25 year old.

I was responsible, despite how dumb or stupid I may act, I can fend for myself.

And now that I've found my father, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Like I can finally breathe without having to worry about there being poison in the air surrounding me.

I feel safer.

It's horrific- what they do to you in foster care.

It's mentally draining.

And being in there for too long can make you go insane.

In my case, literally.

———
Slender had finally teleported into my room.

"My child, are you ready?" He asked.

"Yep." I hopped up and gave Jack a quick hug before Slender's tentacle wrapped around my wrist.

I blinked, and we were at a wide, open field.

"We will need plenty of space if we are to train you properly." Slender said.

I nodded.

"Alright child, first you must awaken your power." He said.

"Lay down." He commanded.

I did as he asked and laid down in the soft grass.

He came beside me and began to chant some weird ass shit in some language I've never heard before.

I found that I couldn't keep my eyes open, I fought against sleep but it won after about 15 fucking seconds.

When I opened my eyes, it was like I was in a completely different world.

Everything had a purple hue to it and the grass was shorter and had flowers growing amongst it.

The trees had flowering vines growing off them and the grass below the trees was now moss.

The sky was a vibrant pink and had some yellow mixed in.

I looked around to find Slender, but he was gone.

Just like before.

I decided to climb a tree and wait to see if he comes back.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the same field I was in before, but even if it is a different realm or whatever, Slender is powerful enough to come find me.

I sat in a branch, picking petals off of a flower when I heard rustling.

Slender would've just teleported, so it's not him.

I pressed myself farther against the tree and looked over into the field.

A small white cat walked into view, it began looking around like it was trying to find something.

It meowed and walked over to the tree I was in.

Oh shit.

It climbed up and hopped onto the branch I was on.

It stared at me with its (E/C) eyes, the same as mine.

I blinked a few times.

It sat down and continued to stare.

"Um... so, hi.. kitty?" I said, unsure of what to do.

"Please don't make a mockery of me." A lady's voice entered my mind.

"What the fuck?! Are you one of whatever Slender is but a cat!?" I scrambled back in the branch.

"No, I am your power, manifested into a vessel. Don't I sound familiar?" The voice, which I now recognized as my own, asked.

"So... you're my power, but you're also a cat?" I asked.

"Correct. Now, if we are to unlock your powers by dinner time, we must get started. Follow me, (Y/N)." The cat said.

God this is so fucking weiiirrrrdddd!

I wanna go home.

I miss Jack, he's not a weird cat lady who stole my voice and eye color.

And who claims that they're my power.

And who also looks really fluffy and is making me wanna pet them.

Jack's hair is soft.

I miss Jack's hair.

I miss my friends!!!

Why did I agree to this again?

Oh yeah, cause I feel useless and want to have some kind of worth.

Haha, well, time to see what this fucking fluff ball is all about.

I hopped off the tree and followed the cat into the middle of the field.

"Now, for this to work properly, you have to have complete trust in myself, and Slenderman. Do you believe that I am who I say I am?" She asked.

"Um... do you want the truth or the answer you're looking for?" I asked.

"The truth, what kind of question is that?" She shook her head.

"Well in that case, no." I said.

"(Y/N), I've been waiting in this realm since you were born, I watched you grow. I have been with you since birth. You need to trust me when I say that your power is undeniable. You may be more powerful than Slenderman himself.

These powers that have manifested inside you are dormant. In order for you to unlock them, you must have faith." She said.

"Alright, but why a cat? And will I look like Slender when I do have my power?" I asked.

"I didn't choose my form, you did, and no, he just so happens to look like that by nature." She replied.

I nodded and took a deep breath.

"Alright. I'm ready."