Chapter Five : I'm Sorry

CHAPTER FIVE

***

8:34 PM was the time Jimin came home that last night. His parents weren't really happy about it though.

"Where were you, Park Jimin?! Went on a guy hunting?" His father yelled as the latter received a painful slap on the face from his mother,

"Just go to your room and don't come down, got that? You won't be eating dinner tonight." His mother said as his father went back to watching a football match on the TV.

Jimin didn't mind, he ate at Jungkook's place after all. His younger brother peaked from his bedroom door and gave Jimin a small yet genuine smile as Jimin returned them with a soft one.

Jihyun was the only reason Jimin never ran away. He didn't have anyone else except him, who accepted and treated him like a human being.

***

Jimin sat on a vacant seat at the library and flipped the book he picked from one of the shelves behind him. The soft yet crisp sounds coming from the pages of the book and the muffled voices of the students around him was the only thing he could hear until somebody sat beside him.

"Where did you get that swollen cheek from?" He recognized the manly voice, it was Jungkook,

"N-No one.." Jimin lied, but the man saw right through him,

"Are you getting beaten up?" Jungkook asked the latter,

"N-Not always. Just when I broke some house rules." Jimin answered truthfully,

"Why? Was it because you came home late yesterday?" Jimin hesitantly nodded,

"I'm sorry about that." Jimin froze,

"I didn't think your parents minded. I'm sorry."

The latter shook his head and smiled softly.

"It's alright."

He saw two sides of Jungkook already. The happy and giddy one from yesterday, and the genuine and sincere one from today. And he's happy about that. Somehow he felt him and Jungkook would be good friends.

to be continued...