Chapter 67-Twin's Lover

Evelyn's POV

"Lack of sleep...stress...low on haemoglobin...Anaemia--"

"What on bloody earth were you doing,Shar?"

Putting the vital reports aside,I flipped with rage toward Sharon who was laying on the hospital bed with all sorts of needles pierced on her arms.

"How can you be so careless with your body?" I further pressed demanding the answer for the miserable state she was in now.
It was a frightening shock for Adam and I when she fainted. We immediately called for an ambulance and informed Kate about the situation. Kate looked distressed and upset that she couldn't take care of her daughter 'once again' and had turned into a wreck until the doctor had come out of her cabin and announced us that Sharon had gained consciousness after three hours and we could meet her. However, she ignored her mother completely and refused to confide in about the cause of her poor health.

Despite knowing that it was wrong to grill Sharon in the moment, I just couldn't seem to contain the anger regarding her carelessness. I knew she wasn't exactly the healthy one but she wasn't the type to get hospitalised due to stress. For what I knew, Sharon loved sleeping and was a heavy sleeper. She wasn't a nitpicker when it came to food also and with Kate's green smoothie routine every morning she was sure to not fall in the state she was in. Not to mention, she was always bright who didn't seem to give two f*cks about anything.
What could have possibly made her this way?

Sharon looked down upon the ground and gave out a loud sigh.

"Later, Eve." She mumbled closing her eyes. She looked pale and extremely weak.
"I am worried about you, Shar." I sat on the edge of the bed she was laying and massaged her bony looking feet.
"You've lost weight too."

"I want to rest, seriously...and no more visitors, please," She said in low tones. It was clear that she didn't want to have any sort of conversation regarding her state with me or anyone else and it wasn't right for me to lash out on her again.
Deciding to give her some time, I got up from the bed and tucked her in the coverlet,caressing her hair one more time and exited her cabin.

Kate immediately ran up to me with a hopeful look probably thinking Sharon told me something, leaving a concerned looking Adam with the doctor who was relaying the reports to him as well. I nodded at him with a simper when he quickly turned to me due to Kate's abrupt leave. Jerking his chin at me to convey he understood the situation, my boyfriend presented me a low smile before turning his head back to the doctors'.

I could see tears glinting on Kate's droopy and now somewhat puffy eyes. I shook my head dejectedly at her and said, "She said she wants to rest."

"Oh! I am such a bad mother. I was so busy in my work...failing to see my poor child's...said she didn't wanna pass me flu...my poor baby...acting strange since a week...I should've known...," Kate sniffled back her tear as she kept whimpering.

"A week? She was strange for a week?" I quickly enquired, mulling over Kate's mumble, then catching Sharon's words from a phone call we had a week ago. She had said she caught a flu all of sudden and was not going anywhere out of her house. Hell, she didn't even sound orderly when I told her Adam and I were official for real, let alone scream her iconic shriek like I thought she would.

"Yes, she was mostly locking her self away. She didn't go to her cafe. My work schedule was too busy due to an important case...I was home late and left early. And when I was actually at home, it was rare I must tell you...I was indulged in paperwork. I only thought it was a regular flu not noticing her once... properly...when I asked her if she was taking medication,she told me she did. I didn't...care for her as a mother...turns out she was missing meals..."Kate's voice broke again dismally. I gently put my hand on her shoulder and patted.