Chapter 57.2-I'm sorry

Evelyn's POV

"Oh!Are we supposed to go there,too?"Nathan said in between humming his favourite Oasis band song that was blaring in the radio. He was immensely chuffed.
"What'd you mean? I told you we have too." I annoyingly glared at him.

"I've sorted it all out, Lyn. We don't need help from whatever influential person you said."His voice sounded slightly muffled since he had his mask back on.

"I don't think you've sorted anything out.What about the paper work you were talking about?"

"We don't need to do that,"he absently said,continuing to hum.

"What do you mean we don't need—"

"Er-I'll do that tomorrow.Where does he live again?"Nathan's eyes slightly widened however he changed the subject cutting me off at the same time.I gave him the directions deciding it was best to focus on staying calm and cool while I was on my way to Thorpe's mansion. I wonder if Ervin was in the States. If he wasn't,I was bound to leave without saying goodbye and I dreaded that. My goodbyes to Adam and the rest were unsaid,silent and I didn't want the same with Ervin. Also with all the bizarre incidents today, I needed to help my brain to stay idle.Seeing my only family might help me to some extent. We entered the familiar lavish colony named with a complex French word I always forget. The crispy,evening air hit me when I rolled the window down. I hadn't been here since the last time I came over for a sleepover at Sharon's.I hopefully wish that Sharon was at cafe today. The last thing I wanted was  Sharon crying, mad with rage and sadness about me leaving and never returning back. She would go bonkers for sure.
I longingly eyed the extravagant house with utmost nostalgia.Sharon's loud giggles and gossips,Kate's warm smiles and disaster recipes,I remembered every one of those wonderful memories I made in this house.
"This is..."Nathan glanced at Sharon's house disdainfully. His expression looked horrid as I asked him to pull over.

"You-you're going there?"He pointed toward the porch of Sharon's house.
"What are you going there for?"his voice turned brusque all of a sudden.

"Not there,here." I pointed at the colossal black metal gate next to Sharon's backyard and said.
"What's up with you?" I beckoned at his horrid expression that I assume came from seeing Sharon's house. What was his deal?

"Uh-nothing,"he cleared his throat and glanced at my brothers' mansion from the window panel,"Minted bloke, I suppose."

"Are you coming with me?" I undid my seat belt and said. It was as if he was having an internal war with himself battling whether he should go or not. He gazed at the mansion, then at me and then roamed his eyes on the gate couple of times before he denied and I was glad that he did. Given the fact that I was leaving,Ervin wouldn't stay quiet,he would press Nathan with endless question after knowing he was my once dead boyfriend and his sister was the one that injured me if I brought him along with me.Well, the cases of Ervin meeting him outdoor was high too but I would deal with that somehow.I should be the one explaining and appeasing his curiosity. That's the best and the safest.
I pressed the intercom perched near the wall of the black gate. Within an instant it flung open. I could feel Nathan's eyes glued to my back as I trundled in. The door came intact and locked again almost as quickly as it opened.I kept walking until I was completely out of Nathan's view. Larry welcomed me at the foyer with a huge, unfading smile.
"Vin?"

He nodded without breaking his smile and invited me in.
The more steps I took, the more I never wanted to get out of this place. Ervin would never disagree with my decision however he wouldn't be happy that I was leaving when we had  finally met and got to know each other after all these years. I got seated on a plush red couch after I made inside the house.The room as I remembered from before was still the same,beautiful and huge with  a large fireplace next to the couches and a vintage coffee table. Near to it was a retro wall that led to an open,towering library where books were stacked up to the ceiling.My feet sank into the thick rug with intricate decorative designs and patterns. Ahead of the couches was a humongous doorway that led to two separate set of stairs both leading in opposite directions upstairs. I could see Ervin climbing down one of them leaping over three-four steps at a time.  The moment he came near me,he hugged me so tightly but I didn't complain.
"Where were you,V?" It felt as if I had seen him after ages.Larry excused himself and went out.