Chapter 15.2-My first love

...(Continuity)

I was  inside a  car, staring restlessly through the window which separated me from the countless drops of water that run down the glass. The sky was  turning more darker and darker,dark clouds forming in them. The road was pitch black, the only light emitted was from the headlights of the car. And that was the only car on the road and we were inside it. Nathan and me.

"God, this rain came out of nowhere didn't it?" Nathan muttered to himself, probably trying to create a conversation. But I wasn't talking. The monster of nervousness clawed my throat and the fear of Dave finding us was eating me alive. I didn't know where we were now, but I was well aware that we were far away from London and safe,that was what Nathan said. I was feeling complete opposite to that,I didn't feel safe. The whole time I  felt that Dave was following us. We were driving to the countryside and it was a disaster. First,the road was not good. Second ,it was raining cats and dogs and third,it was so dark that we wouldn't be able to see anything if the headlight was closed.

"Lyn,Talk to me." Nathan  said,tired from the whole escape ordeal .

"Nathan,I - I don't know. Something isn't right. I -I jus..." I finally managed to speak but then Nathan cuts me off.

"Lyn, I know  you're scared. But both of us  wanted this to happen. I couldn't leave you rot in that place. Lyn, I couldn't see you suffer because of that man."  The rain intensified even more.
"To be honest, I was scared too and I won't lie, I still am. But let me tell you one thing Lyn..." He took a deep breath."We'll get through this. You'll be free from your father. You'll live a happy life."
One of his hand  clutched my hand and squeezed it,reassuring me about my safety.