Chapter 32-Illegal Tourist

Evelyn's POV

"You're here on long term visa?"Ervin asked as he chewed the bagel,this guy sure was gobbling and gabbling at the same time.

"Pretty much. I'm here on B-visitor visa." I answered resting my head on the car seat.
"It's B-2 visa​ to be precise. I'm here for six months.I have to apply for extensions if I want to stay a bit longer."

"Having a resident brother won't be a much help in obtaining green card I guess." He said dusting off the bagel crumbs from his jeans.

"It's fine.I have no plans staying here permanently."

"Wait why?We met after so long,I'm here and I do know that you don't want to return to England for some reason I'm still unknown to." He narrowed his eyes at me.

Fear.
Fear about Dave finding me sooner or later.After I saw his interview few
hours ago,my fear ascended.

Did she tell him about my hideout?

May be he did find about me on his own and was waiting for the right time to attack me?

Jesus.

"I don't know what the future holds for me Ervin. I don't know if I should be staying here or going back.It's like I'm following the 'Go With The Flow' motto." I sighed.

"That was deep...Just drop me some hints okay?Why did you really came here, in Manhattan?"

"When is our appointment,Ervin?" I responded with a question.

"You're really good at changing subjects, aren't you? Got it,you're taking your time. It's fine. It's ALRIGHT." He pouted his lips just like Sharon did. I could've lied him and convinced him with a fake story,just like I did with the rest of the people about my parents fleeing, leaving me with huge debt and all.But I chose to stay silent with him on this topic,that woman will be coming soon and he will surely find out everything.

Me as well.

"You're just like Sharon do you know that? You need details about everything." I presented him a giggle.

"What? I'm curious. We're siblings okay?" He was still pouting.

"Curiosity kills the cat,dear brother." I ruffled his now chestnut colored hair. He told me he was a blondie just like me which he never really liked and dyed it.

He let out a huge sigh.

"Are you atleast gonna tell me about that bandaged finger?" He gestured towards the cut on my index finger which was now wrapped with a white bandage.

"It's just a normal cut from a broken glass." I said nonchalantly.

"Such a klutz.Be careful next time." He scowled.

I presented him a toothy grin.

"HEY."

"What?" I was startled when he blurted all of a sudden. Even Larry was caught off guard I guess.The car halted for few milliseconds.Larry was the cheerful version of Callum. He kept smiling every now and then,peeking at both of us from the rearview mirror.

"If you have B-2 visa.You can't really work now can you? Don't tell me you're working illegally?" He gasped.

It took a moment for me too process his question.

Bollocks!!!

I remembered loading loads of cash during my escape, that could really be more or less enough to sustain myself for few months or half a year.When I came here,I had no other thoughts than hiding from Dave and that made me want to accept the job as maid. It wasn't because I wanted to work illegally or because of the money.
Keeping the finances for the future reference was the idea that came much-much later.
"Yeah it's illegal I guess. Everything happened too quick. I mean I got the job too soon. Juliana and the others never really questioned anything about my immigration. They probably thought I was staying here for long term...Hey but I was just working as a maid okay?" I replied meekly. It's not like I was working for NASA or something.

"Whatever it is,you shouldn't really work now,Eve and I'm not letting you work again at that dick-tard place."

I nodded my head," I've already informed my resignation to Juliana.I won't be staying there anymore."
I think I should be returning the money I got from the job too, that was still unused in my bank account. Well, Sharon's bank account to be precise,she let me open it under her name.

"I can feel the burden you're feeling,staying at Sharon's place. You can use my apartment.It has been empty for over a year. I'm mostly out of the states due to promotional events and Mom never lets me stay alone when I come back to the country." He grinned flashing his whites,my brother really was a handsome fella.

"Then I'll be a burden for you,Vin"

"You're my sister for Christ sake.You're here on tourist visa, you don't have much choices." His scowl deepened exposing the forehead lines.

"I still am not your sister officially."

"Haha,it will be proven in few more minutes.Don't you say no."

"Sharon's gonna freak out if I live in your apartment. Remember,she doesn't know about us." I said fiddling with the injured finger.

There is Adam too.Hell! I don't care.

"Right, that's the problem.

After the whole cotton swabbing thing- I meant the DNA test,they scraped some sort of sample cells from our cheeks- Ervin dropped me at Sharon's and left for his work.

Such a busy lad he was.

The result was bound to come in a week.

Reluctantly, I accepted living in his apartment for he was such a pig headed guy. It wasn't anytime soon though,I had to somehow convince Sharon first.
I asked him to stop the cold war and reconcile with Adam as they were best buddies and I didn't want to spoil their precious relationship. I, somehow convinced that Adam wasn't responsible for my attempt of running over a car. It really wasn't,I was hurt and it became unbearable because of that. I couldn't blame everything on Adam. I might have indirectly hinted my feelings for Adam to Ervin. He didn't really agree on the reconciliation thing but didn't deny as well.

Ugh, boys and their egos...

Did I forgive Adam?
I'm trying to.

Did I want to see him?
Yes.

Will I meet him?
No.

It took more than few moments for the door to open,when it did...

A foreign body attacked me...

"Fille SURPRISE!!!"

____________________________
Keep reading
Love Rojina.
Next update is tomorrow.