Chapter 61-You don't trust me

Evelyn's POV

"...Do you love him?"

A look of apprehension had cast over my face as I got up from the bed slowly.I bit my lower lip hard enough to wince in pain. Ervin's words were booming inside my mind.
"He would want to hear from you."

Adam had done so much for me,more than anybody could ever ask for without much questioning,always while I kept shunning him away from the truth. I had to tell him.
Tell him,Eve.
I had to say something,but I didn't know what to say and how.
Silence.
He looked at me with a rueful expression, sadness visible all over his face. He acknowledged my stillness,forcing a small smile at me,he backed away.
"I wish you trusted me enough..."

I couldn't bare to lose him,I felt a tinge of fear feeling he was drifting away from me at the moment. For the very first time,I had recognised my legitimate feeling for him and I wasn't going to let anything ruin or strain my relationship with Adam.Moreover,I couldn't mold the truth at the end. I couldn't give excuses anymore.
"Adam!" I called out. I trust you more than anything,was what I wanted to say.But I couldn't do so because I didn't trust him enough to understand me after knowing my terrible past concerning Dave. It was horrible.
He stopped on his tracks but didn't look at me.
"Do you want to hear a story?" I blurted out quickly. I didn't know why I said so.

He didn't turn back at me for a long time. I had absolutely no clue as to what was going inside his mind,however it was making me uneasy.

"Adam,can you please...sit?" I mumbled at his back,hoping he would comply. It took him another  eternity to turn back at me. However,this time I went near him,took his hands in mine and pulled him to the bed,thankful that the drowsiness subsided.
"Why did you walk?"His voice rose a certain degree high as he tucked my legs inside the comforter.
"Why shouldn't I?" I feigned innocence though I knew he was mad at me for not resting on the bed.
"You...It's not easy to be with you,Sunshine,"he let out frustrated groan. It knew it too well that it was not easy being with someone like me,who had so many unnamed,dreadful secrets. I wouldn't have made it out of that trap without Adam.I gazed at him with a thankful heart.
"I'm sorry Adam."I cordially said.

"Why?"

"The story,do you want to hear it?" I asked again ignoring his inquiry.

"Do you want to tell me?"

I nodded closing my eyes.

"There was this girl who was an absolute loner,isolated from the world. She had no friends to share her woes or any caring parents to understand her,cherish her existence. The outer world was a fantasy to her,something she would never achieve a chance to go to. She was clueless as to how the world work,it fascinated her. In fact,everything fascinated her,the idea of having friends,having fun in general. Years later,she met someone,stunning he was to her. He took her out to see the joys and thrills of the world. He was the first friend she ever made,second one was his sister. The three of them got inseparable. The girl loved both of them immensely but they had different motives in their mind. Naive she was,she had already fallen for the boy. He promised to show her the wonders of the world,take her to places which she had only visualised in her imaginations. Days passed by and she seem to have gotten head over heels for him,he reciprocated her feelings with same intensity. She had decided to leave everything to be him.  However,things didn't go  like she had planned,they both met a disastrous accident. She lost him,lost her heart,her only love.Those injuries mattered nothing to her cause she had turned lifeless,his sister accused her as his murderer,her mad father  turned more terrible than he already was. She lived with regret,guilt praying everyday to have him back in her life. The years were full of torture,pain for her. One might've asked how did she still posses a sane mind. She would've gone mental.  Yes,she would've...Thankfully, few motivators were with her. She tried ending her life numerous times but failed...She is extremely grateful towards those motivators and will always be.
The boy always had a special place in heart and she cherished him more than anything else but his memories were slowly turning into a bane for her.It would haunt her time and again. Whenever she would decide to move on,those guilt filled memories troubled her insanely.
Three years later,those old prayers she prayed  worked,the boy had lived and returned back to her. But little did she know,he was no longer the same boy she fell in love with. He had a different side to him that shocked her  or maybe he had that side to him all along. She was too blind to notice before. He manipulated her,played with her guilt everyday,reminded her how he turned such a way. Grateful that he lived, she decided to be with him again.As before,she was ready to sacrifice everything to be with him,unwilling this time but she was, because it felt rationally wrong to leave him in such conditions. Everyday she reprimanded herself to not think otherwise,hoping to have the old boy back but that old self of his had completely vanished as if it never existed before. One day he finally showed his dark side and revealed why he approached her at first,why he ever came back for her,former being riches and latter being obsession. He opened her eyes certainly and helped her to discard any feelings toward him completely after that- only one good thing he ever did. She knows what exactly she feels for him now...Pity."