Chapter 53-Estranged Bro

Evelyn's POV

Inside me,there were so many uncertain feelings and emotions that I wouldn't ever dare to give name to.The feelings I harboured for Adam felt exceptional and beautiful yet I would always reprimand myself for feeling that way. It felt wrong,it felt selfish in so many ways after that.

After we returned back from the villa,I distanced myself from him for no particular reason. His confession wasn't forceful,answer demanding in any way.Yet,I started ignoring him;I went to the cafe real early and come back extremely late. I also moved back into my old room. I didn't know as to why I did this all. Perhaps,it was because I could never brave up and tell him how I felt about him. Adam hadn't said much; he might have thought I wanted some private space and he had lent me without any questioning.
How could I hurt this sweet soul?

How could I confess to him despite knowing that we have no future to us.
I was only capable of leading him to danger.

"You guys look so good in this," Sharon excitedly showed me the pictures from the beach villa. Adam and I were cheerfully smiling at each other.My face further sank after seeing the picture.
"This is lit," Agnes pointed at one of the picture which had all of us huddled in a group. Then came some ravishing solo pictures of Agnes and Sharon by the sea.
"Eve,you didn't take any?" Sharon asked slightly leaning towards my chair. I shook my head in denial.
"She had no time - was busy making LOVE,"Agnes playfully said.
Sharon quickly let out a chortle.
"I'll go see the cupcakes," I got up from the chair and left the booth where we were seated in.

"What's her deal?" I could hear Agnes asking in whispers when I was out of the booth.

"I don' know-has been sulking all week," Sharon replied in low tones.
There weren't much customers today and Sharon had allowed everyone to leave early after they finished their designated work. Only Ray and Margaret were still staying apart from us. Agnes had just arrived.

"Done?" I asked Margaret who was icing the cupcakes with the speed of cheetah.
"Almost!" She responded without disturbing her attention.We had received an order for five
hundred plus cupcakes for some sort of Summer Fair Fest. We had to ship it by two in the afternoon.

There wasn't much work left now- only packaging.
"Careful, Evelyn!" Margaret said over her shoulder when I reached for the iced cupcake. I cautiously started placing them on a large tupperware container.

"Need a hand?" Ray burst in the kitchen carrying few enormous boxes.

"Take rest!We still have few hours left," I said over my shoulder.

"Nice to finish it early," he ran over to my side and started placing them in another container.
"How does this go?" He cluelessly eyed the dozens of treats ahead of him.

"Sort them on the basis of fillings and frostings," I sorted the few cupcakes in his container.

"Roger that!" He smiled and started working on it.Ray was exceptionally smiley these days especially towards me.
May and Martha had sharply commented on that asking if he had started to like me.
I had responded with a belly-hurthing laugh. However,his demeanor and actions these days had indeed made me think over that particular question Martha and May had presented.
"How old are you?" I asked absentmindedly.
He squinted at my direction and I quickly moved my gaze to the cupcake.
"I think I told you already,"

"Yeah right! Sixteen," I faked a giggle.

"SEVENTEEN!"He annoyingly clicked his tongue.

"Same thing," I muttered shaking the thought of him liking me. He was basically a kid.

"How's that a same thing?" Ray's voice got louder within a second.

"No, I meant you're still a ki- I mean smal- YOUNG!" I exclaimed.