Chapter 13

~ Previously ~

~ Previously ~

"Well, you are partially right. There's something I acquire from you..." His eyes flicked, again landing on me.

"And that is?" Kid impatiently asked, his tone being livid.

"To use Y/n as a bait, of course." He answered in a low cheerful voice, ignoring the terror that promptly incapacitated me. 

~~~

"No!" Kid snarled the word. "I'm the one that can decide this. No way in hell will I let your ugly smug touch something mine." He spat at the shorter man, that continued drifting with a relaxed expression. That angered the redhead even more.

Killer grabbed his arm with a restraining hand, exclaiming: "Kid, calm down! Violence won't solve anything. Not in this case."

"Now, now...don't be so aggressive. Listen to your subordinate. That was just a suggestion. There's no need to get upset over such a trivial thing." Still grinning, he kept ignoring the furious male. "I mean she is just a hostage, right? Even now. It's not like she wanted to be here." His tranquil eyes smiled down at mine, for me impossible to look away. "Isn't that right, Y/n?" That was the first time he addressed my directly.

I could only stutter in response.

Then a certain pinkette decided to force herself into the unpleasant conversation. She slurred, while sweetly fluttering with her eyelashes. "Bege... Let her alone, can't you see she is petrified."

Her comment didn't put me at ease at all. I struggled not to mumble in return. I endured in silence.

"Where did you get the injury?" Bartolomeo randomly acquired, staring at my wrapped hand.

"It's nothing you should worry about." I murmured, my lips set in a grim line.

"I didn't hear you. You should stop being a bitchy snob and speak up."

Everyone stayed silent. Kid's stone face didn't even react to the insult that I was bestowed with. I couldn't deny that it hurt a bit. It felt...bitter-sweet. But what did I expect? For him to defend me? What for?

Not paying the necessary attention which the greenette obviously desired, he again repeated, but more aggressively "Hey, are you listening to me?"

"No." I simply retorted.

"Huh?" He quickly recovered. "Why?" He then chortled. "Oh, I get it. Are you going to run to your daddy?"

The air stiffened even more around me. Wide-eyed I only stared at him.

"Bartolomeo...stop it!" Bonney frowned.

The snarl that was before low, now became more pronounced. "Stay out of this Bonney!"