Chapter 11

"It was just getting good

"It was just getting good." The man murmured after he raised his gaze from his cap. "Yo, Eustass-ya. You took your time. But I can't say I'm not surprised to see you here. Care to share how many people have you killed?"

"Shut your mouth, asshole. My business has nothing to do with you. So, beat it!" Even tho the car's door was shut, I could hear a mild bickering outside.

I was half awake-asleep when I heard two voices arguing, one belonging to Kid and the other unknown to me.

"Still bad-tempered, huh Eustass-ya? Tch, so sad." The man glanced at his companion that leaned down to him and quickly whispered something.

"Already? Oh well, see you inside Red. Of course, if you'll ever get inside with that nasty attitude of yours. " The other man chuckled, leaving the redhead in total rage and despise while looking at the strangers back as he strutted inside.

It had felt like hours before a snapping voice crept to my side. Obviously not being considerate, a rough hand gripped my shoulder and shook me forcefully, making me jolt a loud 'what'.

"Oi, Y/n wake up! We are here!" I had let my eyes widen in surprise, before I automatically reached to my hair as it was used to get messy on trips during my napping.

"Oh, already?" I asked, my voice sounding as if it were coming from far away.

"Yes, so hurry." I groaned in response while I was trying to open the seatbelt. My attempt to free myself was postponed by a sudden blue car that parked beside Eustass, seconds later the familiar blond stepping out of it.

"Hey Kid! We're ready!" Echoed Killer's voice.

"Then, why are we standing here for?! Let's move!" His annoyance wasn't easily eaten back as he abruptly turned on his heels and walked towards the entrance.

_______________________________________________

The mansions differed from one another. No, that would be an understatement. They were like day and night. This was...like a castle.

Small square towers were scattered in a neat pattern, made from grey stones with build grand windows, shaped in asymmetric lines. The main gate was a bit different tho. Were there was like a Chinese made door with two wine-red columns, the door decorated in circled golden spirals and a dragon drawn on it on Kid's hideout, here it was a bit drabber, but remained in the area of a modern design. It was part wooden and part metallic, two 3 meters high gargoyles standing beside it.

We were almost at the door when a tall man, a bit unpleasant on the eye, greeted us with a laugh.

How is he even laughing with that snake-like curling tongue? Nope, don't wanna know!

"Nyororo~ Welcome!" The man spoke in a deep, but a little bit rough voice. As we came and closed the vicinity, I noticed his hair brushed back of his head and his pale skin ditto eyes hidden by a pair of small round sunglasses. He wore a magenta suit with a yellow cravat, and a revolver hung from his belt.