C H A P T E R 45

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y - F I V E

          "I wasn't even tripping on the fact that she was with another nigga, I honestly felt no way about that especially since I been doing my own thing with Crystal. But to bring the shit around my kid and its a nigga I don't know that's where the issue comes into play." Ahmad expressed to Marcus, Shaun and Dave as they all sat around in Shaun's house after work.

"I agree, Cali should have known better though. Like what exactly was she even thinking to do some shit like that? So many things could have went wrong and she lucky it didn't." Marcus stated trying to wrap his mind around Cali's logical thinking as to what made her think bringing another man around her kid without consulting Ahmad was okay.

"She wasn't thinking, that's the point. She ain't been thinking or using her head these passed few months and I just hope soon she gets it together for the sake of herself and our kids. I worry about her constantly cause I know this isn't the same woman I fell in love with, she changed and I ain't gon' even front it hurts to see it." He admitted.

The guys nodded, "It does, but shit how did the meeting go yesterday with y'all lawyers?"

"The meeting was cool, I didn't want this to get any messier, so I tried my best to keep things cordial. I'm letting her keep the house and we're still gonna rotate weeks with the kids, but we might make it where its every two weeks instead of weekly. She wasn't tryna nail me or anything, she just agreed to everything I stated would be beneficial for all of us and I told her since I am the one who wants the divorce I'll pay for it." He explained.

"But she caused this decision of divorce so shouldn't she have to pay? If she hadn't cheated you two wouldn't be here." Marcus questioned.

Ahmad sighed. "I mean true, but I am the one who filed so I just feel its best I finish what I started. We all know she doesn't want a divorce, but I do and since this is something I want then regardless of what lead me to getting one I should pay for it."

"I respect that, but overrall how are you feeling? I mean we all know you saving face right now, but we know deep down this shit killing you," Shaun stated as he entered the room with Nolan in his arms to give Alisha a break from upstairs.

"During the whole meeting I was just in shock still mentally that Cali and I was sitting here discussing divorce plans, because in all honesty I didn't see that with us. I planned to be with this woman forever and I invested so much into us, and to see it all just end hurts like hell." He admitted. "But at the end of day, if I stayed emotionally and mentally I wouldn't be doing myself a favor. I don't trust Cali, and I'm not exactly sure as to when I ever will trust her again."

"Plus I don' started this whole thing with Crystal and I'm actually surprised I'm being this open to love so easily with her and I'm enjoying the time I spend with her. I'm in a better place than I was almost eight months ago and I wanna continue to get better each day." Ahmad expressed reassuring that he was gonna be okay.

"I got a question for you though." Marcus said as he sat forward catching the attention of all the guys.

"What?"

Clearing his throat, Ahmad waited patiently to see what question he had to ask. "Do you feel like you're only falling this fast for Crystal to fill that void of what you really want and miss from what you had with Cali? And I only ask you this because like you said, this isn't like you and I'm happy that you're happy trust me. Seeing you live and smile really makes me happy, but I would really hate for Crystal to get hurt in the middle of all of this due to you using her without even really realizing."