C H A P T E R 44

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y - F O U R

"Ahmad, what are you doing here?" Cali questioned while trying her best to remain calm even though in the inside she was mentally panicking.

Standing there in the doorway, Ahmad smiled back at Cali who stood there with her eyes bucked still in shock that he of all people was here right now. "I know I'm early, but I really wanted to see Mariah and since its my off day I decided to come get the kids and take em to school for you and you know to talk." He explained and Cali only nodded not being able to muster up any words at the moment.

With Chauncey only being a few feet away in their bedroom, she knew if Ahmad saw him all hell would break loose and that alone scared her. Here she was suppose to be fighting to fix her marriage, but instead she was still fucking up and she knew if Ahmad knew about this her chances of getting him back would be over.

Slowly moving out the way, she felt her heart beat drop as she watched him make his way inside the house. "You alright? You acting like I'ma ghost or some shit." He joked.

"I'm fine, um just wasn't expecting you that's all. I look a mess right now." She shrugged as she glanced around the house. Noticing her clothes on the living room floor her eyes went wide and Ahmad peeped her actions now really concerned as to what was up with her.

"Cali, you look fine. Acting like I ain't never seen you first thing in the morning, but are you sure everything is okay? I ain't never seen you act like this before." He pointed out.

"I'm just really tired, but hey um actually the kids aren't actually here. I forgot they went with my dad so you know you can always come back later." She stated seeing this as her only way to get him to leave before he sees Chauncey.

"That's fine I'll wait, but right now I'ma spend some time with my babygirl."

Letting out a low sigh, she watched as he walked down the hallway and into Mariah's room. Soon as she heard the door close she took off towards the living room and quickly grabbed both Chauncey and her clothes.

Speed walking down the hallway she quickly threw the clothes inside and looked up at Chauncey who was giving her a confused look. "Just stay a few more minutes, Ahmad is here and if he sees you things are not gonna end good." She whispered.

Scrunching up his face, Chauncey stood up. "I gotta get to work, I ain't got time for this highschool shit Cali. Like you really got me hiding out in a room because this nigga here? You got fifteen minutes or I'm walking out."

"Okay okay, I'll see what I can do. Just please don't come out until I say you can."

Leaving out the room she clutched her chest when she bumped into Ahmad who stood there with a confused expression on his face. "Who was you just talking to?"

"Nobody, um my daddy called telling me he was on the way." She quickly stated not once making eye contact.

Nodding his head, he eyed her for a moment before laughing to himself and walking away.

Walking towards the living room with Mariah in his arms kissing her small head ever so often. Ahmad lifted her up so she could see her face as she made spit bubbles with her mouth. "Your mama must really think I'm stupid huh?" He whispered to her before attacking her with more kisses making her laugh.