C H A P T E R 43

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y - T H R E E

A few days had passed since everything transpired between Crystal and Ahmad and things were slightly different, but not in a good way. They didn't text as much and Crystal was always busy to where they couldn't talk on the phone like before.

Ahmad knew at this point Crystal was doing this all on purpose and he wasn't understanding why. He thought shit between them was good, hell even great but now he was starting to think he did something wrong.

Sitting in his truck, he looked up at his shop then back down at his phone clicking on his messages between him and Crystal before typing his message.

To Crystal :
Hey, you busy tonight?
- Sent at 8:23 am

From Crystal :
No, my mama is babysitting Santana tonight so I'm free. Why?
- Received at 8:25 am

To Crystal :
Can I come by once I get off work so we can talk?
- Sent at 8:25 am

From Crystal :
Yeah, that's fine. I'll be home by 7:30 latest being 7:45
- Recieved at 8:28 am

Smiling to himself, he locked his phone and shut off his truck before getting out and making his way towards the entrance of the shop.

Entering his shop Ahmad greeted his boys who all sat around doing nothing along with Rakim, Meech and Travis. "Good morning, good morning everybody." He stated happily as he walked over giving them all individual hand slaps.

All watching him weirdly, they shared a look amongst each other trying to figure out what exactly was going on since they haven't seen him this happy in a long ass time. They weren't complaining since they did worry about him a lot, but now they just wanted to know who or what brought on this new found glow within' him.

Taking a seat beside Marcus, Ahmad laughed when he noticed they were all staring and looking at him crazy. "The fuck is up with y'all? I got something on my face?" He questioned.

"Ain't shit up with us, but we curious know what is up with you? You ain't been this damn happy since Walmart started having a buy one get one free sale on Lays and diapers." Shaun joked.

"I can't just be happy? My life is getting better, my kids healthy, y'all niggas straight and I got some shit under my sleeve to tell you niggas real soon that I'm working on." He shrugged as he rubbed his hands together.

They all nodded knowing it was more he wasn't telling, so Shaun decided to be the one who said what everybody else was clearly thinking. "Either you think we dumb or just plain stupid, but nigga we all know your ass clearly got some pussy this weekend you been off and I wanna know the details so what's up?" He asked and all the guys looked back towards Ahmad waiting for his response.

"Maybe I did or maybe I didn't." He shrugged. "The world may never know." He laughed.

"Man come on, so if you did get some .. does that mean you and Cali officially back on good terms or what?" Marcus asked.

"Me and Cali good but we not having sex and I actually came to the decision to divorce her. It took me a minute to finally see what I wanted but I'm sure this is it." He explained.