C H A P T E R 25

Rakim, Travis, & Meech in MM

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y - F I VE

         Sitting down on the bathroom counter, Ahmad stood between Cali legs with his hands resting on both sides of her as they both stared at the timer on his phone and the stick in her hand.

Both waiting patiently, Cali bit her lip as each second passed anxious to know what the results were about to be. "I'm tired of waiting, this is like the longest five minutes ever." She complained

Kissing her lips, he smiled. "Just chill we got two minutes left,"

"I know but time is going hella slow." She mumbled.

Cali and Ahmad were having speculations that Cali may be pregnant, and although that was the last thing Ahmad wanted at the moment due to his dream he still wanted to be sure if his baby was having a baby.

But another thing that was killing him, was sharing the news about the dream. He knew if the test read positive that he would have to tell her what was up and work on at least trying to prevent her miscarrying from happening.

The sound of his timer went off, and they both shared a look towards each other before looking down. "Welp, I guess .. we're about to be new parents again." She stated cheerfully but stopped smiling when she saw the look on Ahmad's face.

She wasn't sure if he was happy or sad about the news, and that alone hurt her feelings a bit. "You really didn't want another child huh?" She questioned causing him to quickly look up by the tone of her voice. It read hurt and that was the last thing he ever wanted to make Cali feel like.

Pulling her down off the counter, he grabbed her hands. "It's not that I don't want to have another baby. I'm honestly really excited and happy about the news but its something I need to tell you first."

Looking at him strangely, she mentally prepared herself for whatever he was about to say. "What is it? Is it bad?"

"If it comes true then yeah its bad but if not .. no."

"What? What are you talking about if it comes true? If what comes true? You're scaring me .. is something going to happen to me and the baby Ahmad?"

Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes. "I had a dream and in the dream it showed me that you might possibly have a miscarriage .. that was why I was using condoms and not trying to get you pregnant because I was scared of possibly losing our child."

After those words left his mouth, a single tear slipped out of her eye, but she quickly wiped it before looking down. "Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"I wanted too but you were already depressed and down about other shit that I didn't want to bring your mood down even more." He answered honestly. "I don't like seeing you hurt Cal and this look in your eyes is what I was trying to avoid."

Everything Ahmad did was always for Cali's best interest at the end of the day. "Well then what are we suppose to do? Prepare for the miscarriage, wait for it to happen or just act like its not gonna happen grow attached to the baby just for it to die .. what are we suppose to do Ahmad?" She asked expressing her emotions as more tears began to fall.

"You were better off just not saying anything, I can't lose a child. I love babies, and just the thought of this one possibly dying breaks my heart." She cried pushing away from him. "I can't lose him or her Ahmad."