C H A P T E R 37

Dave in MM

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - S E V E N

          "The marriage counseling shit didn't go as planned, I ended up walking out like fifteen minutes in. It was like the longer I sat there and listened to her talk the more pissed off I got. Like okay first, the lady asked us why are we here and of course I let Cali have the floor since she is the main reason we're there anyways so Cali goes to explain how she cheated and shit and how her cheating caused like a huge mess in our relationship and the lady asked her what does she mean by mess and Cali says some shit like arguments then says some shit like other women and starts elaborating on what me and you did .. and that shit pissed me off cause its like you haven't played a part in the downfall of our marriage so I saw no point in us discussing it."  Ahmad explained to Shanice giving her the run down of what happened last week.

"If hanging with me is gonna cause issues between you and your marriage then I'll fall back Ahmad. I don't want no issue with Cali or have her feeling as if I'm purposely disrespecting her marriage because that ain't me and never has been me." Shanice stated as both her and Ahmad sat in her office talking.

Shaking his head, Ahmad shut her down. "Nah, me and Cali issues go beyond you and I being friends. But for some reason she wants to just focus on us and not all the shit that really put a dent in our marriage." He scoffed.

"Well maybe she feels you will cheat on her to get back at her because of what she did. So us being friends just makes her paranoid." Shanice suggested as she came over and sat by him.

"I know exactly why she acting like this, but the shit isn't fair. Yes, I fucked up when I kissed you but the way Cali been acting its like she has no faith in me when on countless accounts I've shown my loyalty. I'm not no ugly nigga and females have tried to get at me and I always turned them down because my love for Cali was so deep that I couldn't do her like that, but now she treating me like I'm some fuck nigga." He expressed and Shanice nodded understanding what he meant.

Touching his thigh, Ahmad looked over at her. "She's just scared Ahmad, she knows you have every given right to pack up and leave her at any moment at this point, since she was the one who broke the vows you two committed to and she's afraid that you will actually will up and leave. I'm not saying her actions are right, but I get it. Maybe you guys just need some real time apart to see if this is really what you two want in the end."

After a few minutes of silence, Ahmad stood up and began walking around feeling himself get a little upset. "She told me she forgot, she said she forgot what she had at home and that shit keeps replaying in my head, like how do you forget? And if she can easily forget like that, then she can easily forget again and I don't think I can put myself out there again to get hurt, I might kill her the next time."

Watching as he walked around her office trying to calm down, Shanice just felt so bad for him because it was so obvious was head over hills for Cali and to see him hurt like this really made her heart go out towards him.

"I don't think she would cheat on you again Ahmad, she knows how much this has hurt you guys."

Shaking his head, Ahmad waved her off. "I'm not finna sit around and wait to see if she does again or not either. I'm sorry Shanice, but I think I'm done. I really don't want to break up my family for the sake of my kids, but my happiness matters too and I'm not happy, I don't trust her and I just wanna raise my kids at this point and they always say just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to be with them and that's how I'm feeling at this moment." He shrugged.