Prologues: Introduction - Y (Part 3)

Hans stood at the mouth of the pipe keeping an eye out for the droids that were pursuing them, while yeri knelt down, holding out her cupped hand catching some leaking water that crept through the roof of the pipe. she drank the water from her hand. it tasted like rust.

"i think we are clear to move out." Hans said to her. she lowered her head and let the cool water fall on the back of her neck, cooling her off. she rose her head and flipped her hair back.

"im coming." she replied to him rising to her feet.

"hows your leg?" Hans asked.

"it's fine, i can walk. the fall looked worse than it was." Yeri assured him showing him she could flex her knees without any issue.

"well, by some stroke of extreme luck we managed to land right where we needed to. sector 19" Hans said pointing to some numbers 'S-19' displayed on the wall above the pipe line. they clearly indicated they were in the right sector.

"are we near the plant?" Yeri asked anxiously.

"its not far actually. in fact we are closer to the plant than we are the caravan route. seems we landed on the other side." Hans explained.

"so, lets check the plant out, make sure its secure and then try to back track to the caravan and make sure everyone is okay?" Yeri recommended. Hans nodded in agreement and the 2 once again set out into the city.

Hans and Yeri would eventually reach the Synthetic Food Plant. it was constructed exactly like the one in their sector..

"it's like.. we never left our sector.. it looks exactly the same." Hans noted as he looked at the plant coming to a stop at the perimeter fence.

"youve heard the stories about this city... people who claim to have been going in circles, experiencing deja vu.' Yeri added.

"yea i guess it makes sense when you have vast amounts of machines constructing everything precisely as possible... build 1, then build another exactly the same right down to the distance between each rivet." Hans replied.

they took a moment to make sure the plant was clear of any droids and decided to go inside to take a look. when they entered, the interior (like the exterior) was laid out exactly like the plant from their sector and to their surprise and relief it was intact.. Yeri ran to the large food containers and mustered up her strength to use her entire body for leverage and turned the manual release valve and sure enough, the synthetic food poured out.

"look! hans! theres still food here!" she said with excitement. she showed him the syrup like synthetic food that poured into her hand. Hans came over to her with a sigh of exhaustion he sat down.

"lets check the other tanks, we could be looking at a virtually untapped source of food." Hans said. "then we can try to go back out and make sure the other teams got past that droid detour okay."

"yea, sounds good to me." Yeri said turning the valve back and walking down the rows of large food containers.

they walked down checking the numerous tanks. opening and closing the manual valves to see which ones held food and marked them.

"hows it looking so far? all mine are producing." Hans called over to her from a few tanks down.

Yeri noticed some of the synthetic food had been spilled onto the floor, but it wasnt caused by her, or hans who was not near her.

"this place may have had visitors recently." Yeri called back to him to check the consistency of the food. it had thickened somewhat, which happens if left exposed and not contained. "there's spilled food on the floor. hasn't totally hardened... so it couldnt have been spilled to long ago."