[Volume 3] chapter 20

"Can y'all report in, I'm gettin' some noise on this already lousy connection." Dingo said into his headset anxiously. He sat in the driver seat of the crawler parked on the side of the road in a crowded commercial sector of town. His gaze was fixed on a recently built luxury hotel..

"This is Roadie. Yeris with me. In position on standby in the Valet parking garage, sub level 1. No sign of the target." Road dog said quietly into his microphone headpiece attached to his left ear. He sat perched on some large piping that ran near just under the ceiling of a large basement parking Garage. Yeri was nearby in a stairwell.

"This is Eric I'm watching the lobby and elevators. Nothing else to report" Eric checked in sitting at table in the hotel lobby.

"Raccoon here with eyes on the  service entrance. Minimal activity here. Nothing suspicious, no one matching the description." Kato reported.

There was a pause on the line...

"Check in, team 3.. I repeat check in, do you copy?" Dingo said feverishly tapping the push-to-talk button on the console his headset was connected to.

Meanwhile, deep below the parking garage were some of the hotels utilities, such as sewage and waste management. Wendy sat over a large black duffel bag with a crude home made bomb inside.

"This is bad guys, this is very very bad." Wendy said as she realized she was not going to disable the bomb.

"This is Bart, we have a situation down here, does anyone copy?" He said urgently into his headset.

back up stairs Yeri paced around the parking garage getting restless.

"Yeah, I'm not hearing anything from Billy's team. I don't think our radio signal is getting through down there." Road dog said into the headset as he watch Yeri wander around.

"What's our play?" Eric asked. Silence followed.

"Hello, Dingo, what should we do!" Eric said impatiently. 

"What? You're asking me? Why ask me?" Dingo was flabbergasted

"Because you're the guy in the chair! We've been reporting to you this whole operation!" Eric said loudly causing a minor scene in the lobby. A few guests around him started to stare.

Yeri looked up at Road dog waiting for some directions. Road dog just shook his head confused. She was getting frustrated.

"I'm just the guy who checks in and drives away, I'm not the strategic one. You all know better than to put me in charge." Dingo argued.

As the group up above argued, Billy, Bart and Wendy dealt with the real drama downstairs.

" haha, no matter what that bombs gonna blow." Said a grizzly, fellow with a belly that stuck out of his tight t-shirt. He had long grey untamed hair and a full grey beard, also untamed. Billy held him at gun point.

"Shut up, if you don't tell us how to disarm it, you're gonna do it" Billy said trying to assert dominance.

"I can't disarm it. And kill me if you want. I came here with that intention anyway." The unhinged hairy man cackled.

"Yeah, there's no response upstairs, I say we just take Freddy Bomber up now and get as many people evacuated as possible. We stay down here any longer we're done for." Bart informed them.

"Ugghh fine! Get your fat ass moving and keep your hands up!" Billy ordered Freddy Bomber and shoved him towards the stairwell. Freddy unexpectedly turned and reached for Billy's gun hand, forcing him to raise it, Billy instinctively pulled the trigger of the gun, firing rounds off randomly, one of the bullets struck a pipe causing hot steam and smoke to spray out, quickly filling the area in a grayish smog.