Chapter 28

**A little authors note before we proceed. If you don't follow my update blog, this is my first chapter since being involved in a serious car accident. I apologize for all the time away and if the flow of the story takes a unusual turn but I just resumed writing with what came naturally first. I will adjust any chronology issues as I proceed and obviously return to finishing all the characters plots. Anyways, sorry again, but I'm glad to be back. Enjoy.**

The Summer Festival was a special occasion across the continent, but especially in the southern regions, Rust Valley was no exception. It was centered around the holiday of the Summer Harvest but people didn't wait until that single day to celebrate. It was more like a holiday season as the celebrating and holiday spirit usually began a month prior. 

Rust Valley was adorned with all the Holidays Traditional decorations, Red, Orange and yellow lanterns and candles lit almost every window and hung from lamp posts and awnings. Streamers of the warm colors floated in the light evening air. Of course No Summer Harvest was complete without the yearly Fair for that matter as well.

Yeri approached the entrance of the fair with Wendy. Having only seen archived pictures or read old documents about such things, She was mesmerized at the sight before her. The rides and attractions bright bulbs flickering, the rides themselves swirling and swaying as the riders cheered, and others shrieked. She looked around taking it all in, as if in a trance.

"Did we come here to stare at the rides or go on them?" Wendy giggled.

"This is crazy." Yeri was in awe.

"Well, whenever you're ready just let me know. It's not only your first Summer Festival but your very first Fair as well so you decide." 

"There's just so much, what do you like to do? I need recommendations." Yeri told her.

"Hmm. Maybe something not too fast or intense. The jumbo slide? The Pendulum?" Wendy shrugged.

"She needs to start with the Tornado Coaster or the Sling Shot Bungie. Better to get those done before any consumption of food. I don't need Yeri vomit on my good pants." A sarcastic Road Dog laughed as he joined them.

"What good pants? You wear the 3 exact same pairs of pants every day." Wendy rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, an old pair, a not that old pair and a good pair." Road dog pointed at his 'good' pants. Yeri and Wendy glared at each other and let out a dull, unimpressed sigh in unison.

"Ok, then mr fancy pants." Wendy shook her hands mockingly

"So, anyone else joining us?" Yeri asked eagerly.

"Kato said he'd be here, he's the only one I know of to be honest." Roadie shrugged. "Still Haven't heard from Billy in awhile so who knows what's up with him. Bart and Dingo might drop by for the alcohol..." Wendy jabbed him with her elbow.

"Ahh jeez! What." Roadie stammered, Wendy gave him a stern eye.

"Oh, oh yeah And Eric should be here I'm pretty sure." Road dog added, though not sounding pretty sure at all.

"Oh good, I hope they all come.I really wanted us all to come together." Yeri said with excitement. "So, was it the tornado coaster you said to ride first?"

"Hmm me? Yeah I just need to wait here for Kato and the guys y'know. But go on I'll catch up." Roadie said with a bit of hesitation.

"Fancy pants gets sick on coasters himself." Wendy smirked.

"I do not." He insisted red faced.

"Okay then, promise we will all ride it later?" Yeri asked him.

"Sure." Road dog nodded.