It's Not About Me

Narrator's POV

"Sam, we've moved everything out of the way." Clint said.

"He has to be here. He was here." Sam said, looking around. "I left him here!"

"Sam..." Bruce said.

Sam looked up at him.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"No! No. This can't be it." Sam said. "I made a promise."

"Sam!" Clint called. "He's gone."

Sam sighed, letting his head hang. He closed his eyes tightly, holding back tears, trying to be strong.

Ding•

"What in tarnation happened here?"

Sam looked up only to see his old man in his wheelchair with his blanket on his lap with a box of strawberries.

"Hah..." Sam sighed in relief. He made his way toward Steve, wiping away a few tears. "Where have you been, you old crow?"

"I was just out taking a walk." Steve said. "What have you done with the place?" He asked, looking at all the destruction. "I was gone for twenty minutes."

"We had a bit of a problem." Sam said.

"Bit?" Clint asked. "Yeah, more like huge."

Steve looked at Clint, then back at Sam, squinting. "Did you draw my bath?" He asked.

Sam laughed. "You don't know how happy I am to see you."

"Urgh..." There was a groan from somewhere around them.

"Peter." Wade called. "Are you okay?" He asked, running over to Peter's side sliding on his knees toward him.

"Yes." Peter nodded. He rubbed his head. "I-" He paused looking around. "What happened?" He asked.

"That wizard freak put all of us to sleep or something." Wade said.

Peter looked around, then at Wade. "Ah!" He gasped. "Wade." He pointed at his abdomen.

There was a katana through Wade's abdomen.

Wade smiled at Peter. "Don't you worry about it. Hmph!" He pushed it out. "See? All good."

"Aunt Carol." Peter said, as he got up, running up to her.

Valkyrie was at her side.

"Oh, no. Team lesbian." Wade said, running over to them.

"I'm fine." Carol said. "Valkyrie knows a bit of medicine."

"I was a wound treater in many of my battles." Valkyrie said. "Nothing I haven't seen before."

///0///0

"Matt!" Bucky called as he ran back into what was left of the hotel.

"Matt!" Wanda called.

Bucky looked all around. He couldn't find Matt. His head was spinning, his breath grew short. The adrenaline coursing through his veins doubled in amount.

"Matt!" He shouted.

There was coughing under some debris.

A hand slowly lifted up, and waved.

"O-Over here..." A faint voice called.

///0///0

"Get off me!" Mordo growled.

Sleepover hissed. "You hurt the ones we love. You hurt our friends. You hurt ussss!" He hissed.

"Hah!" Mordo put a blade through Sleepover.