Rainy Days

Narrator's POV

Peter walked out onto the porch where his two dads sat watching Oliver and Wade play in the front yard by the lake.

"How's that arm working out for you Peter?" Tony asked, rocking in his wooden chair, sipping on some sweet iced tea.

"It's better." Peter smiled.

"Any problems? Do I need to fix anything?" Tony asked.

"No. Everything seems to be working just fine." Peter looked down at his arm. "It does get a little uncomfortable at night."

"You could take it off." Tony said.

"I could...but I don't want to." Peter said.

Tony smiled. "You don't have to if you don't want to."

"I know." Peter said, running to the others.

Tony sighed smiling.

"What is it?" Stephen asked.

"They grow up so fast."

Stephen smiled and looked at his children and Wade. "They do." He took Tony's hand in his.

"You know what they say about children growing up." Tony said.

"Hm."

"It adds another year to your life."

Stephen looked at him. "Really?"

"Yup." Tony nodded. He looked at Stephen and lifted their hands. "You and I will grow slow and fat. Our hair will turn gray, and there'll be wrinkles everywhere."

Stephen laughed, smiling sweetly at his husband. "Well..." He drew Tony's hand up to his lips and kissed it. "...there's no one else I'd rather grow old with."

Tony smiled. "Come here, you." He drew Stephen close for a quick kiss.

"Papa! Wade won't give me back my shoe!" Oliver said, interrupting the moment.

Stephen and Tony pulled away, laughing a little.

"Wilson. Give my son back his shoe." Tony said.

"What's he gonna do? Hug me to death?" Wade laughed. "Argh!" Wade groaned. "He kicked me in my shin."

"Shit." Oliver said.

Stephen looked over at his little son.

Everyone stopped their play fighting.

"Oliver where did you learn that word?" He asked.

Oliver pointed at Tony.

"It wasn't on purpose. It wasn't on purpose!" Tony said, running into the house.

Stephen chased after him.

///0///0

"Hey, Petey."

Wade's voice interrupted the silence that fell upon Peter as he sat on the edge of the docks at the lake.

"Hey." Peter said softly.

Wade stood by his side, looking out at the lake.

"You thinkin'?" Wade asked.

Peter sighed, giving a small smile as he looked down at his dangling feet. "Yeah." He looked out to the lake again.

Wade sighed. "Well..." He sat down next to Peter. "Let me know your thoughts."

"Hah..." Peter sighed and laid his head on Wade's shoulder. "I did some research on quantum physics, and like Tony said, it works differently."