Pen Pals with The Devil

Narrator's POV

"No. Matt and I lost connection years ago." Clint said through a phone that sat on the kitchen table of the Sanctum on speaker. "I couldn't tell you what he's up to these days."

"It's been two and half days since Oliver's gone missing, I need anything you can give me." Tony told Clint.

"Please." Stephen sighed, pinching the bridge between his eyebrows. He was a dad in distress. All he wanted was to find his son.

"All I can tell you is that he lives in an area between 34th Street and 57th Street, from 8th Avenue to the Hudson River, Hell's Kitchen. And I tell you, Hell's Kitchen has earned its name. It's one of the most crime filled cities in New York." Clint said.

That didn't really help the situation.

"Thank you Clint." Stephen said.

"Sorry. I know how hard this must be for you both."

"I'll be in touch you two need anything." Clint said.

"Thanks." Tony said, hanging up the phone. Tony sighed. He looked up at Stephen. "Stephen do we even he's still al-"

"Don't say it." Stephen told Tony. "I know he's still alive."

"I know." Tony took Stephen's shaky hands in his. "I know you want to believe he is, and I do too, but how can we be sure?"

"I know he is. I just know it." Stephen said. "I can feel it in my bones. I-" Stephen sucked in a deep breath and put his hands up to his face.

God, he was a mess. He just wanted his little son back. He hadn't slept or eaten much, been crying more than anything, in these past few days. He was so tired, so worried.

Tony drew his now sobbing husband in for a hug. He held him close, slowly rocking him. "Shh. It's okay. I'm here... I'm here." Tony whispered and kissed his head.

Wade slowly made his way downstairs. He saw Tony and Stephen.

"Um... Peter's-"

"Mhm." Tony nodded, still holding Stephen. "Thank you." He mouthed.

Wade nodded and walked back up stairs.

///0///0

"Hey, kid."

"Hm? What time is it?" Oliver asked as he sat up from Matt's bed.

"It's ten thirty." Matt said. 

Oliver reached up to rub his eyes. "Ow." He groaned.

"Yeah, you still got that black eye." Matt said. "Here, let me see." He said, taking Oliver's face in his hands. He inspected the eye. "Well, the swelling's gone down." 

Oliver's stomach growled. 

Matt smiled at him. "Hungry?" He asked.

"Yes." Oliver nodded. 

"I know this really good cafe around the corner. They've got the best waffles there." Matt said. 

///0///0

"So how do you have connections with James?" Matt asked, biting into a piece of toast with raspberry spread.

"Oh." Oliver swallowed what he had left of his waffle in his mouth. "He's my godfather." Oliver answered simply.

"Didn't know James had a family." Matt raised his hand for the check. 

"He does. He's my family. All the Avengers are his family."