A Friend

Narrator's POV

"Boys, you're dad's away, so I'm taking you to school." Stephen said, doing his tie in the reflection of the fridge.

"Where did he go?" Oliver asked.

"He has a meeting this morning."

"A meeting? A meeting for what?" Peter asked.

"Who has meetings this early?" Wade asked.

"I'm sure that whatever it is, it's important if it's taking place this early." Stephen said. "Now, come on. Finish your breakfast. I have to be at the clinic in five minutes."

"Done!" Peter said, chugging the last of his orange juice.

"Brush your teeth." Stephen said as he began to get their lunch ready.

"What're we having for lunch?" Oliver asked.

"Healthy stuff." Stephen said.

"Did you put apple juice in there?" Oliver asked.

"Always." Stephen smiled at him.

"Yes!" Oliver smiled.

"Wade, would you please feed Sassy and Rex?" Stephen asked.

"Of course." Wade said, picking up after himself, washing his dishes and putting them on the drying rack before going to the pets' kennels.

"Oliver go brush your teeth." Stephen told Oliver.

"Okay." Oliver said, getting up and going upstairs.

There was a tumbling sound upstairs.

"Honey, are you okay?" Stephen asked, stopping everything.

"I'm okay." Oliver said from upstairs.

"Alright. You've got two minutes. Wade, honey, go upstairs and brush your teeth. I'll take care of Sassy and Rex." Stephen said.

"Oh." Wade said, carrying the dog food in his arms. "Okay." He set it down and hurried upstairs.

Stephen bagged the kids lunches and fed the pets.

"Alright boys. Let's go." Stephen said, opening a portal in the living room.

The three came downstairs. They were ready.

"Bye dad, have a good day." Peter said as he kissed Stephen on the cheek before entering the portal.

"Bye, Peter."

"Bye daddy!" Oliver said, hugging Stephen's legs.

Stephen smiled. "Goodbye sweetie." He leaned down and kissed Oliver's head.

Oliver joined Peter in the portal.

"Hope you have a good day at work." Wade said, giving Stephen a smile.

"Have a great day at school." Stephen smiled back at him and patted his back.

Wade joined Peter and Oliver through the portal.

The three were already on the school campus, just in time.

Stephen closed that portal and opened one to his office. He looked up at the clock on the wall. "Phew." He sighed. "One minute to spare."

///0///0

"New day, new opportunity." Peter said as he faced the school building.

"Hey! Pete."

Peter turned to see Ned, Mj, and Harry walking his way. "Oh, hey guys." Peter smiled.

"Hey Wade." Mj waved at Wade.