Pretty Noises

Narrator's POV

"What are all these people doing here?" Tony asked Sam as they crossed under the yellow police tape to the house where Oliver had disappeared in.

There were cops and FBI agents all over the place. Forensic scientists too.

"We needed to file this report." Sam said.

Tony stepped into the house. "Geez, this is a rat hole."

"Well, your son thought it was a haunted house." Sam told him.

Tony looked around. "The blood." He said, looking one of the scientists. "Where is it? Wade said there was blood all over."

"We have cleaned it up and taken samples to determine whether it's your son's or not."

"Get me the results as soon as they're out." Tony told the scientist.

"Yes, sir." The scientist walked out of the home.

Tony sighed and pinched the bridge between his eyebrows. "God..."

Sam put a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry Tony."

"Don't say that." Tony said, pulling away. "You don't know if he's dead or not. He could just be missing." He sighed and turned his back to Sam.

Sam stayed quiet for a moment. "How's Peter?" He asked.

"He's fine. He's just-" Tony sighed. "He feels like it's his fault."

Sam looked at him.

"Stephen's been trying to ease him with his spiritual healing shit or whatever you call it." Tony said.

"And Stephen?" Sam asked.

"Worried as hell." Tony said. "He doesn't eat, doesn't sleep. He's in constant worry. He's not Stephen. The house feels...sick without him." Tony said. "And I...shit." He said under his breath.

"We're gonna find him Tony." Sam reassured him. "And whoever did this to him."

They heard a helicopter outside.

"Great, we've probably attracted the media." Tony said.

The two walked outside only to see the helicopter landing on the yard.

S.H.I.E.L.D was printed on it.

"Great." Sam said.

Fury stepped out of the helicopter. "Anthony Edward Stark." He said.

"Ah, well if it isn't the boy band recruiter." Tony said.

"Nice to see you too." Fury said. He looked at Sam and gave him a nod.

Sam nodded back.

"I see you had a little incident here." Fury said. "I-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there." Tony put his hand in front of Fury's face. "This really isn't the time for these kind of things. I've got a lot going on here." Tony pointed back at the crime scene. "So, why don't you pack your things and-"

"I'm here to help you find the kid." Fury said.

Tony looked at him.

"Yes, believe it or not Nick Fury has a heart." Fury said, placing his hands behind his back and walking toward the crime scene. "Once your son made me a frame out of macaroni pasta with a drawn picture of him and me dancing in a field of flowers, and I liked it." Fury turned to Tony. "But if you don't wish for my aid, I suppose I could l-"

"No, no. Wait." Tony told him. "I change my mind."

"Alright then." Fury looked at him. "Sam."