t w e n t y t w o

Start from the beginning

I sigh, crossing my arms over my chest.

"If you tell the story that way it sounds terrible. Long story short, I kind of started dating the guy I've loved all along."

I walk into the kitchen, leaving the two girls behind. I grab a glass from the counter, filling it with cold water and taking a sip. Gigi walks in right after, with her hands laced together in front of her and with a shy smile on her lips.

"Unnie... Um... C-Can we talk?" She asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear nervously.

I place the empty glass on the sink, smiling at her.

"Of course Gigi, come take a seat" I say, sitting on an empty chair in front of the dining table, she sits in front of me.

She starts fidgeting with her fingers, looking anxious. I tilt my head with my brows knitted together.

"I-I Um..."

"What's wrong?"

"Unnie... Do you still have any feelings for Jihoon?"

I look at her confused. She looks up, her cheeks tinted with pink. She looks terrified.

"Jihoon? Um... I mean, I still love him, but not in a romantic way."

She nods, a sad smile form's on her lips. I think I know where this is going.

"I see. You were never in love with him?"

I sigh.

"I liked him a lot. He is a really handsome and sweet guy." I explain, looking down at my hands "But I just couldn't forget Soobin." I admit.

When I look up, she smiles at me.

"You really like him, don't you?"

I smile, feeling my heart race. A whole zoo is all over my stomach.

"I love him." I confess. "I always did."

She sighs.

"Unnie... I've been spending time with Jihoon. He's really sweet just like you said. We always laugh together and we've become really good friends, but..."

I tilt my head.

"But?"

She blushes, diverting her gaze again and looking down.

"I-I think I might be in love with him."

Her confession takes me by surprise. I widen my eyes at her, and her smile disappears. A warm, happy feeling fills my heart. I chuckle, reaching out to take her hand. She lifts her head and looks at me puzzled.

"You like him?"

She nods.

"Since the first day I saw him. I know he was your boyfriend and I shouldnt've laid eyes on him... But he looked like a prince and I... I'm so sorry unnie." She pouts.

"Do you think he feels the same way?"

She looks down again, sighing.

"I don't know. He's really sweet and a gentleman with me, but I'm not sure. He could still be in love with you."

I shake my head, smiling warmly at her.

"First of all, you don't have to apologize." I respond. She looks confused. "Jihoon deserves to be loved... And if you can love him with all your heart, nothing would make me happier than support you. Don't give up on him."

Her eyes instantly light up at my words. She grins, covering her mouth with her hands.

"Really unnie? You're not mad at me?"