e l e v e n

Walking on the streets, wind caresses my skin and blows my hair. I hold the plastic bag tighter as my mind keeps drowning in thoughts. I barely slept last night due to the pain in my injured hand and my stupid broken heart, however, Soobin seemed to sleep peacefully.

Since all I could do was turn and turn on my bed, I woke up early and took a shower before I fed Eggbert and placed all the hatching stuff in boxes. I got hungry when I finished and Soobin was still asleep, so I decided to go to the convenience store and buy something for breakfast.

I let out a sigh, rummaging inside my pocket and grabbing my keys, opening the door and finding a very confused Soobin standing in the middle of the hall with his hand pressed against his forehead.

I walk inside, closing the door behind me and placing the keys on the counter. Soobin turns his head and looks at me, his brows knitted together in confusion and I can't help but giggle at his evident hangover.

"Good morning." I greet, walking towards the kitchen and placing the plastic bag on the dining table. Soobin follows me, still rubbing his temples before he leans against the doorframe.

"Good morning" He responds, blinking a couple of times "I-I um... I can't remember what I'm doing here. All I know is that my head is killing me." He admits, looking confused and concerned.

I smile, folding my arms over my chest and leaning against the counter.

"You got drunk and appeared at my front door, remember?"

He sighs.

"God, that's embarrassing."

I chuckle.

"You really lost it."

"I barely remember. I think I remember you scolding me, but that's it. What happened after that?" He asks, looking at me. His eyes sadden when he sees my bandaged hand, and I quickly hide it behind my back. He steps forward, a hint of guilt plastered on his face "Did I hurt you?"

I smile, shaking my head.

"You didn't, the bottle just broke and I cut myself when I picked up the broken pieces."

He looks at me with a pained expression, grabbing my hand gently and checking on it.

"Are you okay?" He asks, his voice soft and kind filled with genuine concern. His touch hurts even more than the wound itself, but I nod.

"I am."

He releases the grip on my hand, nodding.

"What did I do? Did I say stupid things? I become a loose mouth when I drink." He asks, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

I keep quiet for a couple of seconds, remembering every word he said to me when he opened up his heart. I feel the sting in my heart once again, diverting my eyes from him and looking at my hands. I see him tilting his head in confusion with my peripheral vision, so I look up and lock eyes with him, forcing a smile.

"No, you just came here and fell asleep right away."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

He sighs, probably relieved.

"I guess that's better then." He says, with a slight smile on his face.

He frowns, scrunching his face in pain and letting out a grunt.

"I'll give you something for the headache." I say, rummaging on the drawers as I search for medical supplies. When I find the painkillers, I hand him one of the pills, pouring cold water in a glass and handing it to him. "Take this." I smile.