t w e l v e

It's been a couple of days since we released Eggbert in the wild, and due to the amount of time I spend alone, I've decided to adopt a dog.

I keep pacing back and forth, making sure that I don't forget anything before going to the animal shelter. I mentally start mentioning everything I need, satisfied because it all seems to be in order. I sigh contently, feeling the excitement already making my stomach flip, remembering how scared I was of my parents not letting me have a dog since they're absent, but now that I'm an adult, they rapidly agreed.

I hear a knock on the door and I walk towards the entrance to open it, finding Soobin standing there with a small smile on his face. I smile at him with my heart racing in my chest as I move aside so he can walk in. I wasn't sure about doing this with him, but he insisted too much I just couldn't refuse.

"Are you ready?" He asks, biting his lip. "I think I'm more excited than you." He adds, covering his mouth with his large hand and letting out a chuckle.

He's too damn cute.

I nod, grinning before a thing I was about to forget suddenly comes to my mind. I click my tongue and place my hand on my forehead, making him look at me confused, tilting his head.

"The dog harness, I almost forgot." I say, letting out a breathy chuckle and turning my body to head to the closet.

Rummaging inside, I can't seem to find it until I look up and find a box filled with our old dog's toys. It's been a few years since his passing, and the only reason my dad saved his stuff was because I pleaded and told him I wanted another dog. However, it never happened, so the box is full of dust and placed somewhere I can't reach without a ladder. I groan in frustration, puffing my cheeks and tucking my hair behind my ear. Soobin stands next to me, observing.

"What's wrong?" He asks, moving his head a little bit to the side so he can take a look.

I look at him, smiling shyly.

"It's too high." I say, pointing out with my index finger for him to see. "Do you think you can reach it?"

He chuckles, patting my head.

"Short people problems?" He teases, making me smack his shoulder and glare at him, but that only makes him laugh more.

"Excuse me Mr. Slenderman." I respond, folding my arms over my chest and turning my body to look at him as he steps forward to the closet.

"Slenderman? Really?" He snorts softly as his back is facing me.

"Shut up, gigantic dumbass." I repeat, he let's out a giggle, standing on his tiptoes and extending his arm, trying to reach the box. With him being this tall, I was expecting him to reach it, but he doesn't, it's still too high even for him.

He lowers his arm and sighs, turning his head to look at me and shrugging.

"It's too damn high even for me." He complains, his voice thick. "I don't think your parents wanted you to have a dog." He adds, giggling with his eyes closing.

"Ugh, but it's almost time to go!" I whine, crossing my arms and puffing my cheeks again annoyed. Soobin laughs a little louder, throwing his head back.

"Cute."

His words make me unfold my arms automatically and my cheeks burn in a shade of pink without even noticing. I divert my gaze from him, who's looking at me in amusement. My stomach flips once again, and I nervously tuck another strand of hair behind my ear.

"Stop teasing me." I mutter, he smiles. "I really need to reach it." I pout.

Soobin stares at me for a second, until he grins and walks towards me, turning his back at me and crouching in front of my figure. I frown, looking at him confused and not moving. He turns his head and raises an eyebrow.