Chapter 34

"Hey Sam!" Julie beamed as we entered the gloomy hospital room. Samantha pushed herself up into a sitting position, eyeing each of us.

"Here." Jenna approached the bed, handing a big box to the confused girl "Today was the last item on you list, we finished it all now!"

A ghost of a smile formed on Sam's chapped lips as she unwrapped the package. Carefully removing the top of the box, she took an interest to it's content. One by one, she pulled out souveneers we bought at gift shops, a stamp collection because, as she claims, she's always wanted to finish one, a notebook filled with autographs of celebrities and a camera. The camera held all tapes and pictures of everything we did in London, all the monuments we've visited and rides we've been on, so she would feel like she was really there with us.

We watched her with a rising expectation. Her eyes became glossy as a wide, toothy grin spravled acroos her cheeks "Thank you so much! I love it, I love you, you guys are amazing!" she chirped, hugging us one by one, tightly.

Julie plopped herself down next to Samantha, her smile clear and bright, and began telling her the story behind each item in the box. Jenna was quick to join in, filling her in on more details. Meanwhile, I stood to the side, watching them with sad eyes. The truth was, her list wasn't completed yet. There was one wish left, the most important one. It killed all of us to know there was nothing we could do to help Calum and Samantha see eachother again. Her operation is tonight. At this point, my thoughts were all hazy, all mixed up inside my head and I couldn't clear them.

"Sam." unaware than I had just started telling her what was one my mind, I continued, despite Julie cautioning me and Jenna not to speak of it "Calum can't come to see you before the operation. I'm sorry."

Her eyes turned a lighter shade of brown as tears quickly started washing over them. Her face went as pale as the hospital gown she had on and her head dropped as the room filled with loud cries.

---

We've spent hours with Samantha, trying to calm her down the best we knew how. She was under stress due to the operation being just moments away. To top it all, we couldn't get a hold of Calum and the guys yet. We haven't heard from them at all since yesterday.

"Don't worry Sam, Calum will be here to see you as soon as you get better." Julie cooed, rubbing Sam's arm as she shivered.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye." she murmured, staring off into space. Her expression was flushed. After her breaking down, which really concered us, since she lost a lot of energy, she went numb. Her eyes were now empty, deserted of the ability to cry any more.

However this wasn't just affecting her, it was taking a toll on Julie and Jenna, and me too. It hurt us to know there was absolutely nothing we could do, it was just a twisted turn of events. Despite having only the best intentions, we couldn't make Samantha any less depressed. She tried to hide how miserable she was, she tried to push aside her pain for our sake, but we knew better than to believe her when she said she was fine. My heart was breaking into two while I was stared at the drained girl on the hospital bed, unable to change her fate. We couldn't save her.

"Miss Daniels." a soft voice buzzed through the room "It's time for your operation." A nervous feeling bolted from my head to my toes as two nurses walked in, lining around the bed and wheeling Samantha out slowly. Her eyes widened in panic, but Jenna and I quickly grabbed her hands in ours, assuring her everything would be fine. As she was being wheeled away from us, our intertwined fingers parted slowly, until we were finally forced to let go. The door shut behind them, leaving us in a pit of anxiety.

~~~~~~~

hey guys

so i don't really have much to say for today so i'm gonna ask if anyone has any music recommendations? if you know a good song or a song you like just put it in the comments for me to listen to it :)

i recommend listening to Centuries by Fall out boy if you haven't already! i'm obsessed with the song!

love you xx