Chapter 30

*Calum's point of view*

Morosely, I staggered into the conference room behind Ashton. He pushed open the door and, as we were late, we quietly took our seat at the table where the manager, along with a few unfamiliar faces, sat.

"Nice of you to finally join us." one of them commented, causing me to roll my eyes. He was lucky we were even here.

"As I was saying." the manager continued, seding a glare in my direction "About the band's image-"

"I think our image is just fine." I cut him off, crossing my arms. He had no right to decide for us. The guys nodded, taking my side. Although the manager didn't seem too happy to hear that "Mr Hood, I am not asking you whether or not you want to do this, I'm telling you you have to do this. Are we clear?"

"Cristal clear." I snapped my head to my left, to see Michael already answered "But last time I checked, we were the band and you were the replacable record company."

The manager smirked "Come on Mr Clifford, you and I both know it's not that simple. You can't just fire us and expect another label to come crawling to you. Now go get ready for your show tonight and I expect you to give it a hundred and ten percent." he ordered, crossing his arms over his chest and glaring at us "And we will continue this discussion afterwards."

We slowly stood up, one by one, and made our way out of that dreaded conference room. I shrugged it all off within seconds. I didn't care at this point, right now, the only thing on my mind was going to see Samantha.

"Oh, and Calum." I turned back to him with a sigh. What does he want now? "I expect you not to hold us back tomorrow when we leave for Paris. Be on your best behaviour."

I froze as he patted my back, heading for the door "Wait! That's tomorrow? We're leaving tomorrow? What about Sam? I can't leave her and she definitely can't fly around hospitals over the world!" I spat, desperately hoping there was a way out.

The manager gave me a sympathetic look, a fake one, one that drains out all hope without having to add any words "It's for the best. This way you'll be able to focus on your music without your little friends distracting you."

In situations like this, where there seems to be no bright side and things keep getting worse, there's that one moment where you just lose it. You lash out, you have to get it out in any way possible. This was that moment for me. I remember it all happened so fast, in the split of a second. Me, yelling and breaking everything I could get my hands on, the guys storming in and trying to calm me down. Within seconds it was all madness. Giving it no second thought, the manager sent us straight to the concert and scheduled the flight for right after. I had no clue to where I was anymore, I couldn't keep up. There was only one thing I cared about and he took that away. We were leaving. I was leaving her and I didn't even get to say goodbye.

~~~~~~~

hey guys!

wow we got to 20 reads fast! i can't believe it, i'm pretty sure i just updated a day ago lol

anyway, sorry this was a short chapter, the next ones will be longer i promise :)

the winner of the contest is @AllisonMarieMalik congradulations! you get a shout out on my message board and in case you want a different reward, just pm me :)

NEXT UPDATE AFTER 20 READS AND 5 VOTES

love you xx