Chapter 6

It's already been a week since Dean got here. He's been in my head ever since, no matter how hard I tried yo forget him. And to make things worse, I haven't even spoken to Julie for a few days now, ever since our fight. Jenna didn't want to pick sides, but I'm pretty sure she completely agreed with Julie. Not that I didn't, I mean, she was somewhat right, this is a mistake, but what can I do to control my feelings?

Jen and I were walking through the hallway to class, both keeping quiet, when we stumbled upon Dean. He smirked at me, as always, and I have to admit, my heart skipped a beat.

"Hey babe, wanna hang out after school?" he said, coming a little too close.

Jenna switly grabbed my elbow, pulling me back and whispered angirly into my ear "Jessica, if you say yes, I swear I will kill you"

I didn't turn around to look at her, before smiling at Dean "Sure"

He winked at me and left. Jenna was stumped. She stared at me with disapproval, shaking her head and frowning.

"I'm out of here" she mumbled, slowly leaving.

"What do you mean?" I asked confusedly.

"I mean you're on your own" she said, raising her voice slightly, not turning to face me, but continuing to walk away.

"Fine!" I shouted out after a while, but I'm not sure if she heard me.

I walked to my locker, wonder about what had just happened. I thought to myself "What have I done? This was the stupidest thing I've ever agreed to"

I was so confused, but now I was alone too. Still, I was still planning to see Dean. We met up after school and went for a walk downtown. We strolled around some shops, just hanging out casually.

"Wow" I stopped by something in a store "This scarf is beautiful" I gasped, slipping it through my hands and examining it.

I looked at the price tag and my grin vanished "Too bad I can't afford it"

I payed no attention to Dean and my look strolled over some other stuff in the shop.

"Come on, let's go" he said, walking out swiftly. I practically had to run to catch up.

"What's the matter?" I asked confusedly.

"It's nothing, just hurry up" he cut me off quickly.

"Those two kids! Get them!" I heard a voice not far behind and I froze. Dean grabbed my hand and pulled me with him. He ran out of the mall, still holding my hand, and running through the crowd of people outside.

I pulled out my hand to stop him.

"What's going on?" I yelled out.

Dean turned to face me, surprised I stopped, and pulled out the scarf I was looking at in the store. My eyes widened and I started yelling "What's wrong with you? Why did you do that?"

"Calm down, it's not a big deal" he shrugged indifferently "But if you don't want to end up in jail, I suggest you keep moving"

"No way" I said strictly "We have to go back so you can return that scarf"

He chuckled "Yeah, sure. Why don't you try that princess, and tell me how it works out"

I frowned and he just casually walked away. All the 'attraction' turned into air. I was really frusterated, what did I see in that guy?

I rushed to Jennas house, hoping not to get caught or recognised. Luckily, no one saw my face from the people who worked there. I threw out the scarf, just in case.

Taking a deep breath, I rang the doorbell of Jens apartment. I had some apologising to do.

She opened it, crossing her arms at me. She was clearly still upset.

"Can I come in?" I asked awkwardly.

She stepped aside, letting me in. I saw Julie was already there, sitting on the couch and frowning at me.

"Listen" I croaked usurely "You were both right. Especially you Jules, Dean is bad news" I looked at her, but she only rolled her eyes, so I continued "I was wrong...and I'm sorry...to both of you" I spoke wigh pauses.

Jen looked at me sympathetically. But Julie still wasn't convinced "What about Dean?" she asked strictly.

"I have no more feelings for that idiot" I forced a weak smile at my words.

"What do you mean?" Julie softened a little.

"Well we went to the mall and he stoll something. After he asked me to go along with it...I just felt nothing anymore" I shrugged.

"What did you see in him in the first place?" she asked, now softly and calmly.

"I don't know...he just...he seemed somehow familiar, I-"

"He acted like Luke" Jen whispered to herself, then again, more loudly "He acted like Luke!"

Julie and I looked at her confused and she explained "Dean reminds me of Luke when you first met him"

"You're right" I thought about it.

"The second Dean did something Luke would never do, you stopped being attracted to him" Jen concluded.

"So, I only thought I liked Dean because he reminded me of Luke. I'm not over him, I just miss Luke crazily" I smiled.

Jen nodded and I hugged her. It made me so happy to know that. Jules came up to me and I hugged her as well.

"Am I forgiven?" I grinned, already knowing the answer.

"Sure" they said.

"But, Luke can't know about this. I don't want him to think I actually had feelings for someone else. Clearly, that's not the case" I said nervously, hoping he wouldn't find out and think I cheated on him. Julie and Jenna nodded.