Chapter 17

I opened my eyes slowly, lifting my head and looking around. My head hurt and I my mind was blank. I had completely forgotten what had happened last night. I stood up carefully, rubbing my eyes and absently heading for the door.

I tried to open the door, but, to my surprise, I only ended up shaking the doorknob and almost hitting my head.

I slowly unlocked it and exited the bedroom confusedly. Before I knew what was happening, someone's arms were around me, holding me tightly.

"You scared the hell out of me!" Luke yelled "You locked yourself in there and I was afraid you might've done something to yourself"

Suddenly, the happenings from last night hit me like a train. I pulled away from him quickly "Don't try to make any of this my fault" I exclaimed, crossing my arms over my chest.

Guilt was washing over his face. From the dark bags under his eyes, I could tell he either hasn't slept at all, or barely.

"Do you really believe something happened?" he asked, looking straight into my eyes. His were filled with a kind of expectation.

"Well that's how it looked. And you obviously didn't remember to say you have a girlfriend" I growled.

"I tried to tell her! She ignored everything I said!" Luke exclaimed in defence.

I stared at him, keeping a stern expression and thinking of what to say. But I believed him, I would believe anything he says.

"Besides" Luke continued, calming down a little "I'm pretty sure Mony told her to flirt with me"

My eyes widened. That actually made sence. Monica never really liked any of us, but she seemed to like Michael. She just wanted me jealous and that's exacly what she got.

"The second she left me alone, I went looking for you. Then I come back here and you lock yourself inside..." basically he repeated everything that happened last night. But then he looked at me softly, calming down "Please. Don't ever scare me like that again"

"Same goes for you" I whispered.

He reached out his arms to hug me. I wrapped mine around his neck tightly, with a muffled sob.

*Julie's point of view*

The room lightened up. It was morning already. I groaned, opening my eyes. I couldn't get an ounce of sleep last night, I just lied on my bed trying to fall asleep.

I realised there was no more point to that, so I dragged myself out of bed and went to the bathroom. I washed my face and rubbed my eyes. They were bloodshot with bags under them. You could clearly see my lack of sleep.

I went straight to bed again, this time to stare at the celling for hours, until my mom woke up and came to check on me.

"Julie, sweetie" she poked her head through the door, knocking a few times to grab my attention "How are you feeling?" she cooed.

I sat up, shaking my head and, for the first time, I felt tears in my eyes.

"Can you at least tell me what happened?" she asked softly, plopping down next to me and rubbing my arm to comfort me.

I shook my head again, silently sniffing "I don't want to talk about it" I mumbled.

My mom wrapped her arms around me, hugging me tightly. Tears started flowing down my cheeks. We sat there a while. The only thing breaking the scilence being an occasional sob or sniff.

My phone started buzzing. At first I chose to ignore it, but it was too loud and it kept going for too long. I finally reached for my phone. It was Ashton calling me. I mentally rolled my eyes.