Chapter 19

Ganondorf stood there with a disbelieved expression

Ganondorf stood there with a disbelieved expression. He didn't think Link would be able to break the spell over Zelda. He had hoped Zelda would kill him with her own hands. But when in doubt, there was another plan.

Chuckling under his breath, Ganondorf regained his posture. "It seems like I underestimated you, boy."

His comment seemed to boost Link's ego. "I'm stronger than I look!"

"I don't get it." Zelda spoke up. "How did you break the spell over me?"

"Let's just say... I listened to a fairy tale's advice for once. You know..." Link kissed his hand, blowing a kiss towards her direction.

Zelda's jaw dropped to the floor, her face entirely turning red. "You... Kissed me?!"

"It worked, didn't it?"

"I mean, yeah... I suppose so..." Zelda shyly turned away, pressing her fingers to her lips. She had no memory of Link kissing her, but the thought of it made her feel like she could faint.

Ganondorf smirked. "You may have broken my spell, but there are many obstacles you will have to face to save your precious sister." He snapped his fingers, a bright flash appeared in the room.

Once the light dimmed, the four enemies that confronted them earlier appeared before their eyes.

Zelda rolled her eyes. "I knew they weren't really defeated."

Remembering that Zelda passed out before finding out what really happened, Link sweatdropped. "I'll explain about that later. If you can tell... We're outnumbered. How are we going to defeat five powerful enemies?"

"We just have to fight." Zelda responded. "Protect what we're fighting for. I know you're scared to face these guys, but we have to do it to save Aryll and the land of Hyrule."

Link swallowed. He admitted that he was deeply afraid. But there were people who needed him. The people, Aryll, and even Zelda. He never thought this day would come where he had an important role in something.

Not wanting to waste the effort of traveling here just to back out now, Link stood his ground. "I've got your back."

Zelda smiled at Link's courage. "And I've got yours."

Together, the two stood side by side as equals. They readied their weapons, the enemies doing the same. Link took a deep breath in and out. "Let's get down to business!"

Zelda rolled her eyes in a playful way. "You always wanted to say that, didn't you?"

"Yes!"

"Charge!" Ganondorf ordered.

At the same time, Cia, Volga, Vaati, and Byrne all charged towards Link and Zelda. They decided to stick close together to defeat the enemies that headed their way.