Chapter 3

The next day, Link walked into the classroom, already seeing Zelda sitting at her desk

The next day, Link walked into the classroom, already seeing Zelda sitting at her desk. After what happened yesterday, he wouldn't blame her if she started ignoring him.

Passing by her without saying a word, Link sat at his desk. "Good morning." Zelda said to him.

That caught Link completely off guard. He didn't think she was going to talk to him at all. Turning towards her, Link slightly raised his hand. "Good morning."

"Did you sleep well last night?"

"I wish I did."

Zelda studied his face, noticing the slight dark circles around his eyes. "You should get more sleep."

"You and everyone else tells me that."

"Do you have insomnia?"

"I have recently. It's weird. I can usually sleep like a rock, but for some reason... I've been having a bad feeling in my gut, so it makes it hard falling asleep. And when I do fall asleep, I end waking up from a nightmare."

"Nightmare? What kind?"

"How can I describe it..? It's like a very blurry man chasing me with a sword. When I wake up from it, I feel very paranoid about going back to sleep."

"Really now? Interesting..."

"What's interesting about a guy trying to kill you?"

"Sorry, I was talking to myself."

Link raised an eyebrow. "You know, Zelda. You may be even more weird than me."

Zelda smirked. "Is that an insult or a compliment?"

Getting completely taken off guard, Link blushed in embarrassment. "Uh... A compliment I guess?"

Noticing someone walking by, Link looked up, seeing Groose. Groose just eyed him, looking over to Zelda. Not expecting it, he continued on walking without saying a word.

Link couldn't believe it. Groose would always try to say something harsh and mess with him. But today, he just... Ignored him. This was different.

"Wow... You must've really intimidated him, Zelda."

Zelda smiled proudly. "He's all bark and no bite."

Link smiled, chuckling under his breath. "You could say that again."

"I'm here and I'm- Fabulous~!" Mr. Ghirahim announced while stepping inside the classroom.

Zelda leaned over towards Link. "Does he always do that?"

"It's an every day occurrence." Link responded.

Mr. Ghirahim was now in front of the classroom. "Alright, my lovely students! The first thing we are going to do is review for the test that's coming up at the end of the week. So please get out your study guides."