Chapter 14

Hiding behind trees that were a little bit of a distance away from Thieves Den, Zelda, Link, and Ace were all wearing tan cloaks

   Hiding behind trees that were a little bit of a distance away from Thieves Den, Zelda, Link, and Ace were all wearing tan cloaks. It was the best they could do in a short amount of time. Link's sword was concealed with white bandage wrap, not letting the Hyrule crest be shown.

There was no one guarding the front, assuming to make things easier. But they still had to be careful.

Zelda looked around to find another place they could enter, seeing a hole in the fence they could sneak into. "Let's go through there."

Link felt unsure. "Are you sure? What if my cloak gets caught onto the broken parts?"

Zelda dropped her eyelids. "That's what you're concerned about?"

"I think it's a good idea." Ace spoke up. "That way, we can proceed into the area and blend in without notice. Going through the front is risky. Someone could see us and question us."

Zelda nodded. "That's exactly what I was thinking."

Link scratched his head. "They really need to tighten security if people can go through a hole. But it makes things easier for us, I guess."

"We need to rescue that kitsune and find the shield. But we can't act suspicious about it."

"Yeah... It's not like I'm going to waltz in there and start acting like Sherlock Holmes or anything."

Ace chuckled. "You're pretty funny."

"Why, thank you! See? He gets my humor."

Zelda looked unamused, letting out a sigh. "Let's just proceed. The coast is clear for now, so we need to move quickly."

Both Link and Ace nodded, following Zelda's lead. They quickly and quietly went towards the hole in the fence. Zelda looked through it to make sure no one was there. Seeing that the area was clear at the other side, she slipped through the hole, followed by Ace and Link.

~~~

   Arriving inside Thieves Den, the three saw many infamous thieves that were walking and minding their own business. A lot of them were intimidating, and some... Not so much. Though they may look silly, they were professional thieves regardless.

   Looking around carefully, Link pulled his hood forward. "Where do we even start?"

   "We need to gather intel." Zelda suggested. "While trying not to blow our cover."