Chapter 15

Making it out of the area, the three stopped where they stood while trying to catch their breath

Making it out of the area, the three stopped where they stood while trying to catch their breath. Though they were already far enough to where no one could chase after them, they didn't want to take any chances.

Link raised his head, seeing a swamp that wasn't too far. It looked quite the opposite of Zora's Domain. It looked more like a wasteland that reeked of muck.

Zelda saw Link's expression which was easy to read. "That's Ku's Domain."

"Really? It looks like where people dump all their garbage." Link responded.

"It technically is. Once we cross it, Lorule Town won't be too much farther."

"Whoa, hold up... We have to cross that?! Something tells me a nice Zora like Sidon isn't going to help us get across those waters."

"That's because there isn't."

"Then how are we going to get across?! There's no way in hell I'm swimming in that!"

"How about this, guys?" Ace asked. Both turning around, they saw Ace holding up a wooden raft.

Link slowly blinked. "Where did you even get that..?"

"While you two were bickering, I built this all by hand."

"That fast?!"

Ace chuckled. "Well... How else are we going to get across this swamp? Besides, I'm just as eager to get to Lorule kingdom like you two are."

Zelda squinted her eyes. "Even if you claim to be a skilled raft builder, not even a professional would be able to make one that fast."

"Then that just means I'm past professional, aren't I?"

Feeling frustrated with herself that she took her eyes off of Ace for a little bit, she couldn't defend her own claim. She let out a sigh in result. "You better pray to Hylia that thing won't sink."

"I promise it won't!" Ace started walking towards the direction of Ku's Domain, assuming to place the wooden raft on the mucky water.

Link was still amazed by Ace's skilled craftsmanship, following him behind. On the other hand, Zelda was growing more skeptical of their new traveling companion, cautiously following behind.

~~~

Arriving at Ku's Domain, Ace placed the wooden raft on the swampy water. He was the first to get on, showing that it was sturdy. Seeing that it was safe, Link got on right after. He held out his hand towards Zelda, waiting for her to take it.

Zelda grabbed Link's hand, having him help her on the raft. He slightly blushed with a smile. "Isn't this cool?! Now we can get to the other side with ease!"

Still feeling unsure, Zelda smiled back. "I suppose so..."

Ace had two giant branches in each hand. "Which one of you wants to row with me?"