Chapter 4

Zelda ended up taking Link to a hidden alleyway that wasn't too far from the orphanage

Zelda ended up taking Link to a hidden alleyway that wasn't too far from the orphanage. Looking up at the sky, Link saw the red hue on the moon had disappeared. It felt like it was all in his head, but Aryll... He saw her get kidnapped right before his eyes.

Attempting to run, the mysterious girl held the back of his shirt to hold him back. "You won't be able to get her back."

"How can you say that?! I need to save her! She's terrified!"

"You won't be able to get her back, because you need my help."

Admitting in his head that this girl was right, Link decided to give in. "Alright fine. I'll let you help me. But first thing you gotta tell me is who you are."

Even if she was wearing a mask that covered half of her face, she was smiling underneath. "It feels like the right time to finally tell you." Lowering the mask, the girl revealed her face.

Link's eyes widen in surprise. "Zelda?!"

Zelda laughed under her breath. "As if it wasn't obvious enough."

"So..? You were that mysterious girl I saw that day? Well... I guess that explains why you've been sticking around me a lot. But why?"

"I came here to protect you."

"Protect me? From what?"

"Those Bokoblins that attacked the orphanage and kidnapped Aryll. They're using her as bait to lure you."

"Lure me? And wait... Those pig things have a name?!"

"They're luring you, because you are their true target. They knew I would be around to prevent them from capturing you. So instead, they came up with an alternative."

Link couldn't wrap his head around this. "Why would those things come after me? I'm just a normal teenager."

"Or so you thought."

Now Link was really confused about her words. "What are you even talking about? Start making sense, Zelda. Who are you exactly? Because something tells me you're not a normal teenager."

"That's because I'm not."

Link just wanted to know the answer instead of getting stuck in suspense. "Then what are you?"

"I am the bodyguard of the Hyrule royal family."

"The what now?"

Zelda let out a sigh. "It'll be much easier to show you." Taking something out of her pocket, it was a silver pocketwatch with a golden triangle crest. Opening it, a beam shot out of it, making some kind of portal appear in front of them.

Link couldn't believe his eyes, it was like a real life CGI was in front of him. "Are we going to time travel?!"

"No. We're going to another dimension." Grabbing his hand, Zelda pulled Link along with her, slowly ascending into the portal. The once lit area turned pitch black, only the sounds of crickets filled the silent void.

~~~

The portal reopened, basically spitting them out. They landed on the soft grass, slowly sitting up.

Rubbing his head in pain, Link looked straight ahead, seeing a giant castle from the distance. He saw a town nearby, assuming the town was associated with the castle.

Everything looked lively, the plum blossom trees were in full bloom. There were flowers of every color peeking out from the grass. The only problem was... The sky was dark, not matching the vibrant area.

"Where are we?" Link asked.

"Currently, we're on Hyrule field. Over there is Hyrule castle along with Hyrule town."

Link slow blinked. "Let me guess... This land is called Hyrule, isn't it?"

"That's correct."

"Now that I see the castle, I sort of understand how you're the bodyguard for the royal family. But... Now you have to take me back so I can save Aryll."

"Aryll was taken here."

Link tilted his head. "How do you know that for sure?"

"Those Bokoblins work for the king of Lorule, King Ganondorf."

"Lorule?" Link thought that was pretty amusing. "I get it. Hyrule as high, and Lorule as low."

Zelda looked at Link strangely. "Anyways..." She continued. "King Ganondorf is trying to fully claim Hyrule. This dark sky is all his doing. Once he found out where you have been all this time, he's been trying to get to you."

"But what do I have to do with this?!"

"I will get to that part. Since he's holding Aryll captive in his kingdom, we would have to overcome the four seasons to get there."

"The four seasons? Seasons come and go, don't they?"

"In your world, yes. But in this world..." Zelda took out a map, presenting it to Link. "The Hyrule kingdom is always Spring. Not very far from here, there's a place called Zora's Domain that's always Summer. The halfway point is the Lost Woods. One half of it is still Summer, but the other half is Autumn. Once we reach the other end of the woods, there's a place called Ku's Domain. Passing there, it will turn into Winter, which is the area of Lorule kingdom."

Link looked amazed at the map. "Wow... Now I completely understand why the kingdoms are called Hyrule and Lorule."

"Are you still on that?" Zelda let out a hopeless sigh. "So, in order to save Aryll from the king of Lorule. First, we have to cross the waters passing Zora's Domain. Go through the Lost Woods. Cross the waters passing Ku's Domain. And that's how we'll arrive at Lorule Kingdom."

"I get it, Dora the Explorer."

Zelda gave him a dumbfounded look. "But before we proceed, we need to get something from Hyrule Castle. It'll be very important on our quest."

"What do we need?"

"A special kind of sword, the Master Sword."

"Ok? But is it alright for me to simply waltz into the castle?"

"Of course you can."

"Sounds fake, but ok." Link took a bow. "Lead the way, my good friend."

Slowly shaking her head, Zelda began to walk off. "Don't do that for Hylia's sake." She was walking towards the direction of the castle with Link following behind.

Link looked up at the sky, still wondering why he was involved in all of this. What was his purpose? Why did this guy he never met before, King Ganondorf of Lorule kingdom, want with him? There were so many questions he wanted to ask, but his main priority was to save Aryll.

The dark sky looked similar to thunder clouds, which Spring can have. April showers bring May flowers as the saying goes. Shrugging it off, Link turned his gaze away from the sky, now staring at Zelda's back.

In order to save his sister, he would have to conquer the four seasons on this journey. Swallowing in fear, Link had to mentally prepare himself for what ever will come his way.