Chapter 29

{Amelia Mae Andrada's POV}

The moment Lance's father opened the door that very night, I died inside. That was it for me. It was the end of everything I have right then. That's why I was anxious to get home. "O nandiyan ka na pala," mom greeted me when I came by the living room. "How was dinner with them? I'm sure you had fun." I looked at her and gave her a small smile. "I-It was..great."

"Oh yeah?' She turned the TV off so we could talk. "How's Lance?"

That's when tears started to run down my face. Mom stood up quickly and embraced me. "Ma..ama niya si Bryan," di tumigil ang pagbuhos ng aking mga luha. "And he did it again. H-He tried to touch me."

"Shh," mom said and held me more tightly.

"Pero wala akong magawa kundi u-umiwas..until it just got to me..a-and I fought back. But I couldn't tell Lance. I couldn't ruin their family," I sobbed. "So I took the fault. A-and now they hate me. Lance hates me."

"D-Don't worry," I could tell she was also crying. "I'm not going to leave you this time. We're going to get through this together." 

I couldn't help but cry myself to sleep that night but not before she tried to convince me to just tell them the truth or maybe report what Bryan did. I lied and told her that I would do it myself so she wouldn't bother me anymore. Not that she irritates me or anything..I just...I don't know..just leave it be. Go crazy and judge me but ask yourself first if you'd agree with breaking one's family. 

Why do things always end up badly in my life anyways? Right when everything seems perfect, a big ball of crap is always there to ruin it. Just like what I said before, life's a hell of a bitch.

School didn't go well after that day either. The news about us breaking up spread like wildfire even though we didn't say a word. But that's just the thing, we ddin't say a word. We didn't had any interaction for the whole day..and the next, and the day after that. It was like the moment when the two of us had a fight before.It was like we never even met...but this time, we actually mean it.

But the slap they gave me? I still feel the sting. It still burns my cheek, even more during the nights the flashbacks decide to visit. It wasn't the words Lance's mom said or what he said that hurt. It was the slap. I can just feel all their pain, anger, and hatred sipping through my skin. And it hurts..so bad. It was something I want to forget but couldn't. 

Even after a week the stares were still there, haunting me every single day. I could even read their thoughts. Let me jot them down for you:

Why did they break up?

Who cares? Amelia doesn't deserve Lance anyway.

Mabuti nga sa kanya.

That bitch deserves to be heartbroken.

Karma niya yun.

Lance did the right thing by dumping her.

And the list just goes on and on. No one tried to approach me, or even look me in the eyes, terrfied that I might let my anger out on them. That's why it surprised me when Emily suddenly sat on my table during lunch that day. She ignored my presence for days.