Chapter 22

{Lance Ray Cortes' POV}

It's already lunch time. Amelia's probably by her locker and getting her things. And indeed I was right. She was busy putting some of her stuff inside her bag when I embraced her from behind. She let out a small yelp after I did that. "Fuck it Lance," she hissed. "You surprised the hell out of me." I just chuckled in response. "I love you," I whispered. 

Amelia rolled her eyes. "That's the fifth time today Lance," she muttered. "I've heard enough." I gave her a smile and interwined my fingers with hers. Dylan then popped out out of nowhere.

"Hey lovebirds," Dylan greeted. "How's your relationship going? Still not breaking up?" He joked. A bad joke. I gave him a glare which made him put his hands up in the air. "Chill. I was just fooling around." Amelia found it funny though. I still don't get her. 

"Where's Cher?" She asked.

"They're still doing community service remember?" He reminded. "She's working her nice ass off while you guys aren't. What happened to you Lance? Thought you were nice."

"They can handle it without us," I glanced at Amelia and we gave each other a smile. I turned back to Dylan and asked him a question. "Wait. Are you and Cher together now?"

"Not yet," he grinned.

"Yeah right," Amelia mumbled. "You don't have a chance with Cher. Better start crying now doofus."

"I'll prove you wrong then," he then said his goodbye and went off to flirt with Cher. 

We were walking to the cafeteria to have lunch together when I observed that some girls were giving Amelia dirty looks. Okay, it's been three weeks since we've been together but I'll tell you this, some people were not really happy about it. I can tell she noticed the dirty looks they've been giving her too but still she haven't done anything yet. It's so not like her. Maybe she's just waiting for the right time to strike. So I just held her hand tighter.

"Tch. I can't believe they're really together," I heard one girl said. "It's been like what? three weeks? Lance should've asked me to be his girlfriend. Not that bitch."

"Don't sweat it sweetie," her friend replied. "Maghihiwalay lang rin yan sila. Lance will lose it. He won't be able to handle Amelia's bitchiness." Woah. Is she underestimating me? Amelia's face immediately darkened when she heard those words.

"The sooner the better. She doesn't deserve a guy like Lance at all! Why wouldn't she just die and go to hell already? Her existence disgusts me." Well I just had enough with this crap and I noticed Amelia was too. But before she could even make her move, I already made mine. I lurched to the girls forward and the next thing I knew, I punched the locker which was just inches away from their faces. That caught everyone by surprised, including me. 

I smirked at the two bitches in front of me. "Will you ladies please shut the fuck up? The both of you should just accept the fact that my girl is better than you and she absolutely deserves me. So you better not talk about shit like that about my girlfriend or so help me, the nice guy that you thought of me before will kindly shut your mouths for you, permanently," I muttered. "Maybe she's not worthy of calling herself a bitch at all cause people like you are already replacing her. She's not the one that's suppose to die. The both of you are. Now let's be careful and not let it reach to the point where I'll end up committing a crime, shall we?" The both of them didn't say a word and looked terrified because of what I just said and did. 

I felt Amelia grab my arm signalling me to let it go, so I did. But not before I could tell them not to mess with us. "So that's how my boyfie gets angry, huh?" Amelia giggled still cluthing onto my arm. "Don't mind my sweet talk. It was just really amusing." 

"Puta! Ang dami namang epal! Kung saksakin ko kaya sila lahat?! Tangina naman oh!" Bulalas ko. She was taken aback from the attitude I was showing. I never really showed this side of me. So I just kept quiet after that. 

"Thanks anyway," she muttered. "I would have set their heads on fire if you didn't do that earlier." I laughed at what she said. "Pero sa totoo lang Lance ha, I'm cool if you show that other side of yours to me... Everyone has a bad side, right?" Amelia looked at me and gave me a wink. "But..you might not want the others to know that. They'll be shocked. Sapat na yung eksena mo kanina, okay?" It's weird of her to say these kinds of things but I guess all it took for her to act less coldly to me was for us to start dating. 

Instead of eating at the cafeteria, we ended up staying the school's garden for some apparent reason that Amelia doesn't want to talk about. May inilabas siyang isang baonan sa kanyang bag at ipinakita ito sa akin. "Is that yours?" I asked.

"No," she aswered. "I'm pretty sure someone lost it."

"Really? Who do you think owns it?"

She paused and looked at me with a blank expression. "Ikaw," matipid niyang sagot. A smile then crept on my lips. "That's why you didn't want to eat at the cafeteria! Didn't want the others to see the sweet side of you, didn't you?" I teased. "Guess I'm not the only one hiding something." 

"Tch. I'm not being sweet. I'm feeding you," she rolled her eyes and picked up a juice box.

"Aren't you going to eat with me then?"

"No. I already ate," she muttered. "During class."

"Of course," I chuckled and went on eating. I can't say her cooking was really good, but it wasn't that bad earlier. It just needs more taste? But no, I'm not telling her that. The fact that she made an effort cooking me lunch is enough to let me know that she really does love me even though she doesn't say it, at all. "Hey," I said in the middle of eating.

"What?" She glanced at me. 

"Let's go on a date this Saturday."