Chapter 23

{Amelia Mae Andrada's POV}

Today's Saturday, and that means Lance and I are going on a date. I didn't dress myself up that much though. Not that he would care anyway. He'll basically tell me how pretty I am ever single day even if I do look like crap which is really sweet of him. That's what boyfriends do anyway, right? I took one last look at the mirror and stared at my own reflection. I'm wearing this really cute darling lace georgette top  that I paired with this twill skinny pants and just wore it with my flats. I don't really feel like wearing heels today. Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm also wearing the gummi bear necklace Lance gave me. It would make him happy seeing me wear it. I grabbed my brown leather sling bag and went downstairs to meet mom.

"Why are you dressed up?" She asked.

"Date," I replied.

Nanlaki naman ang mga mata niya nang narinig niya yun. "With whom? Bat ngayon ka lang nagpaalam sakin?" I mentally rolled my eyes at her. Cause I knew she won't let me go on a date and I'll have to convince her overnight. That'll be so exhausting. 

"With Lance," she gave me this look like she was trying to remember something. "Yung lalaking iniyakan mo? Siya ba? Kayo na? Bat di mo sinabi sakin?" 

"Grabe ma, yung iniyakan ko talaga? That sounds so gross," I whined. Right after that night where I cried because of him, I felt completely embarrassed. It's just that I haven't cried because of a guy before, except for dad that is, but Lance is different. He's not part of my family. It feels weird. And I don't want to go back to that memory, at all.

"Eh bago kayo umalis, ipa--" Biglang naputol si mama sa pagsasalita nang may kumatok sa pintuan. Mom must've left the gate open again. She raised her eyebrow at me and glanced at the door. "I'm guessing that's him," I mumbled. Lumapit ako sa pintuan para buksan ito at sinundan rin ako ni mama. Gosh. Why is she like this all of a sudden? I opened the door half way and was greeted by Lance's gorgeous smile. And of course he also looked dashing like ever. He wore this pale blue v-neck shirt which he paired off with black jeans which was a bit fitting.

"Heya gorgeous," he greeted and I couldn't help but smile. But then I remembered that mom was just right behind me and of course I have to introduce Lance to her. He was confused when my smile faded but he didn't had the time to ask why because I already opened the door all the way and he was able to see mom staring him down.  His usual smile was turned into this nervous one but he didn't look away. Brave. "Good morning ma'am," I can hear the nervousness in his voice. "It's nice to finally meet you."

Mom gave him a reassuring smile and replied. "So you're the famous Lance I was hearing about?"

"Well I guess I'm the only Lance your daughter talks about," my mom giggled because of what he said. I wish I could tell him he's wrong but he's not. Lance is the only Lance I know. Not that I have any interest with other than him. --okay, I just swallowed my own puke. Mom glanced at me and gave me this weird look. Na parang siya pa ang nakikilig kesa sakin. "Okay mom, it's about time we go," I interrupted their conversation so Lance and I could finally leave and she wouldn't get the chance to embarrass the hell out of me.