Chapter 13

{Emily Fernandez's POV}

"What's going to be fun Emily?" Amelia raised an eyebrow. She looks so scary when she does that...but one thing I learned from hanging out with her is you should never show your fear. "What did you tell Lance?"

"I asked him a favor, actually," I replied.

"Mind telling me what it was?" She came closer to me.

"You see...I'm going to audition for the play."

She gave me a smile. "Wow. Talaga? I didn't know that you were interested in these kind of stuffs," sabi niya. "So what's with Lance?"

"He's going to audition with me," sagot ko. "Me as Jasmine and him as Aladin." I could've sworn I saw her faced darkened for a moment there but she still maintained eye contact. 

"Why? What about Dylan? The both of you are close right?" She asked. 

Tch. I laughed on the inside. This then proves that she does like Lance. Pfft. How pathetic.  "Why? You said it was okay," I said. "You even said I could make out with him and you won't even care." I giggled. 

"I-I did, didn't I?" Amelia gave a fake smile. "Anyway," she changed the topic. "Uuwi ka na?"

"Ah oo," sagot ko.

She held my hand. "Let's leave the campus together."

Makalipas ang ilang araw ay pinuntahan ko nanaman si Lance para ibigay sa kanya ang script para sa audition. And then again, I saw him with Amelia. They look like a couple. Pero hindi sila bagay...mas bagay kami. It took all my courage to face them both and act totally normal. It tool all my courage para magpakapal ng mukha.

"Hey Lance," bati ko sa kanya. "Ito nga pala ang script."

"Thanks Em," pagpapasalamat nito.

"Let's practice tomorrow at our place," sabi ko. I also glanced at Amelia and gave her a smile para naman hindi obvious ang plano ko. "You could also come if you want."

"Hm? Nah...I'll skip that," sagot nito. "Busy ako bukas. Busy sa katutulog."

Lance chuckled and I also laughed a little. Mabuti naman at hindi sasama si Amelia. Baka masisira pa ang mga plano ko para bukas.

Sa wakas dumating na rin ang araw na hinihintay ko. Some alone time with Lance so we'll get to know each other. And then he'll finally love me! *insert evil laugh here* Haha. Did I sound too desperate?