"Weird hobby," I said, grinning.

    "Yeah, maybe not the best word choice." he chuckled, grinning right back at me. 

    "Hey can I ask you something? It's gonna sound a little rude" I said quietly, nervous because of what I was about to ask.

    "Sure, hit me." I grinned briefly at his "hit me" comment, it sounded so, so, peculiar coming from his lips. 

    "Why are you here?" It had been eating me now for some time, why he was here. I mean, there was absolutely nothing here of interest to anybody and the only reason people ever came or moved here was to avoid other people - making the majority of the adults and elderly sociopaths.

     He looked a little, or rather, very uncomfortable to answer my question. He tired a couple of times, until he eventually just replied, "I wanted to have a look around." 

     I raised my eyebrows, I could've smelled the lie miles away.  

    "I won't tell anybody, you know." I hoped he was scenting my emotions just as carefully as I was scenting his, for then he would know that I meant it. 

     "Fine, lets just say that someone asked me to have a look around." He said, ocean eyes boring into ice. Some asked him to have a look around. What? I mean, how could- why would- what?. I wanted to ask more, but one look on his face told me that wasn't happening. After a few minutes of quietness, his expression turned thoughtful, and he asked me,

     "Can I ask you are rude question in return for your question?" 

     "Sure, I mean, I guess that's only fair, right?" He mumered instead of saying yes, and he looked at me intensely as he said, 

     "Could you tell me why you told me to shut up and leave you alone?" He had to ask that one of course, I mean, I didn't even really know the answer to that one, I couldn't explain my trust issues. I tried to doge the bullet by replying, 

     "Actually, I said my name was shut and leave me alone - I never told you to go". I said tiny smile in my voice.

    "Yeah, well, it was implied." Obviously having none of that. 

      "I don't know really… Ok, no offense, but there is something about you that scares me a little and I have some weird unexplainable trust problems on top of that." He looked a little hurt by the "you scare me" part, but then he said something that I had not expected him to say, 

     "You scare me, too." 

     We were silent for several minutes after he'd said that, I didn't completely understand what he meant and he, again, looked like I couldn't drag it out of him even if I tried. So, we both opted for quietness, for a while, and then I felt the need to at least start somewhat of a normal conversation. I mean, I was perfectly comfortable with not talking, but he might not be. Although, that wasn't exactly the vibe I got off him…

     "Lets play twenty questions," I said, trying to sound enthusiastic about it.

     "Ok," he said with slightly raised eyebrows.

     "So, how old are you?", he looked older than 18.

     "I'm 18," he said, hesitantly. I sniffed the air a little, and to my utmost surprise, he had lied. 

    "You can't lie during twenty questions," I said, glaring at him. If he didn't want me to know how old he is, then why not just say so? I don't appreciate lying; not at all. 

    "Ok, fine. I was turned when I was 23," he said, looking away into the forest. 23? Why was he still in school?

    "So, how old are you?" he asked me.